The future of travel: The hovervan

I can tell you would say that because you and some of the other long time members absolutely hate my work in one way or another. And I used a little more then just a cloud map.

I’ve read of several people in the past, artists, composers, and writers, who got scorned by their critics and their success was recognized centuries later. In fact, I’m nearing a time when I’ll be making money off of selling some of my art in mats and frames. Everyone I’ve seen in the real world like what I do, the women at the store where I got the mats and frames actually saw a lot of potential in the works and she sees many pieces of art every day.

As I read, Van Gogh was scorned in his day, Bach was rediculed, and a literary master suggested Emily Dickenson to stop writing. I’m likely to profit off my art and you and other critics won’t be able to stop it.

The fact that you NEVER tried to make anything with a texture slapped on it makes you a bad 3d artist

Once I’m successful in selling my art your opinion will become useless, I already have 5 presentable works ready to sell, remind me not to share any profit with you.

You take yourself waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

Oh just cut that “ooh I’m misunderstood artist!!” bull crap CD. Really. Your stuff is getting better, but you are standing in your own way now. You have programmed yourself to think, that we hate you, and because we do, you must be something expectional. There are better artists here than you, who take advices and crtics better than you.

Yes, it screams out lazy, when you explain, that you hate jumping between tqo different programs, when doing your art. Bohoo. You complain, when people suggest you to do some extra work towards your work. That’s plain arrogancy.

True, stuff can be done with prodecurlas, but there are stuff, that just work better with image maps. You want original stuff? Fine. Grab a camera and go out. Take pictures. Edit them and use as textures. It really is simple as that.

And stop your martyr act.

Selling art isn’t very hard. I’ve done that.

But please stop comparing yourself to great people. Thats very annoying when you will never got through to be mediocre artist. The only reason anyone would buy your stuff is that they know that you are crazy and that you might do something stupid like suicide.

The 4 posts previous to this one only prove my point.

If you listen real close to Dragon Boy’s posts, you can hear the sound of a shovel digging deeper…deeper…deeper…

Seriously, nearly every time he opens his mouth…

The only reason anyone would buy your stuff is that they know that you are crazy and that you might do something stupid like suicide

Trying to prove your point by saying lies, that’s new.

There’s people who said they like my art and show interest even without knowing anything about me, so that throws what you said out the window.

The moment I have success and profit from my pieces is when I have successfully buldozed you critics over completely, it can’t be stopped, I will be successful. And the least you can do then is hold protests over whether they really should’ve been sold. A man once said to hold a tin ear to the critics, you’re the critics, and you’ll eventually be just as credible as critics who review some movies.

Take it away Hitler.

Oh, and somebody just lock the stupid topic, apparently some people just don’t get my art and call my pieces a disgrace to Blender and the entire CG industry and personally think my art only severely hurts Blender’s reputation.

No one said that you whiner, you.

Oh, and somebody just

call my pieces a disgrace to Blender and the entire CG industry

Dont take stuff out of context.

You’re making stuff up now, you’re twisting my words to make me look bad. Now I know, many long time people don’t reply to my art topics because they hate it and think it’s bad.

I note how BgDM closed one of my topics because he said it was a test, not art. The interpretation of art among many in this community is twisted at the least. I find a need to bring about a revolution over the arts scene here.

I’m done arguing, I get a lot of bad ratings and harsh comments on my art, and I blame the fact so many people have been brainwashed into having a fairly closed interpretation of art 3D. I can tell many who hate my art so much usually do much more generic stuff like people, soldiers, photorealistic interiors, and cars that are real models.

May the topic be closed, and may this be a testement, that people have been brainwashed art wise into having very strict standards.

ha, nobody hates you Dragon.

We hate your attitude, your ‘Art’, your stuborn-ness, your whining, your self-comparisons to real artists, your excuses…

Once I’m successful in selling my art…

I REALLY doubt that will happen ANY time soon…

No, never doubt Jeeps.

Selling your art is easy. Selling it and being succesful is hard.

Of course, generaly you need art to sell art, so that could be a problem Cyborg…

I said I’m done arguing.

What kind of art community has a closed view on art and is skeptical on people selling their art and doubts their skills anyway? Part of the reason is that this community isn’t run by freelance artists who are open to people’s work. And the sad part is, this is all over the place when it comes to CG.

Id say the bigger problem is a certain user’s lack of art.

This community isnt the most open, but it isnt closed either.

Unfortunately, quite a few of its members refuse to take to heart the critiques they get, and refuse to hear they could do anything to be better.
They refuse to believe that they arent terribly amazing and terribly misunderstood artists, and they think that in a hundred years, they will be revered.

Get real Cyborg. Id say this all stems from your obvious mental instability, so I suppose I should pity you.

Please. You only post your work here cause most of the times we are nice and give constructive critique. Where on other places they would tear you apart and call you lazy…Oh wait… We are doing it right now. :evilgrin:

high-fives bigbad

Id love to see Cyborg post his work on a major CG forum(other than a blender forum)…

The unfortunate thing is the mentality I described above is splattered all over the CGI community. It has even infected this forum:no:

just stop posting here if you think we hate you…go post your art on Cgsociety.org and see what they think…because over there…they are true artists, they might understand you better than we do…or maybe not…

LIGHTEN UP damnit. We never said you were a disgrace…NEVER. we commented the fact that you could put more time into your art…to make it even better… thinking you’re doing “perfect” piece of art is a bit arrogant and selfish…the agressivness in our post is completly due to your refusal to listen to our suggestion/critics…

I know. Also I have noticed it splattered (actually daubed) across the world. People like things. When they don’t like them they tell the creator. If they are nice the do so constructively. That is what we do. When the creator does not listen they are (in 99.999999% of cases) an idiot for not doing so. You are not in the 0.0000001%. Really. REALLY!

Eventually even the nice people get mighty pissed off with that 99.999999% and these reasonable and kind people end up venting and insulting the creator. But really, who can blame them when the paradoxically thick yet thin skinned creator acts like such an immature and frivolous individual.

Yours,
Alex

PS: Please: 1. Grow up 2. Leave 3. Please don’t carry on being a major annoyance.