The Last Stop 02 - The Appearance

They just appeared. It must have happened some nights ago. A local taking a walk first saw them.
Since then, these things kept staying in the pasture, showing a behaviour that can’t be described in other words than “grazing” - but without actually doing it. From what can be said, no communication attempt has been noted. Only, a deep and subtle humming can be noticed when getting closer. People are unsure if this humming can be heard or rather sensed or felt.

Your feedback and comments are highly appreciated!

Final

Raw

AO

VP

Feature Row Crop

Blender 3.2 Cycles
OG res 6144x2574
OptiX 1024 samples
Time 2 hrs

Modeling, sculpting, texturing and lighting in Blender.
Character made in CC.
Post-processing in Photoshop

Inspired by a roadtrip through Scotland and the scottish highlands I recently returned from.
Lada by INuruhusssen over at Blendswap, modified by me.
Recycled the mechs from an older project. They are kitbashed from a set.
Vegetation partly CC0-licensed, partly paid and partly custom made.

If you want, check out my other stuff here:
AS: https://www.artstation.com/wk042
IG: https://www.instagram.com/wk042/

55 Likes

This reminds me of a trip to Algonquin Park years ago. By the side of the road was a moose cow with its calf. And somebody had left their car with their point-n-shoot camera (this predated ubiquitous smartphones) and was walking further and further towards the two to get a closeup of the cute li’l baby moose.

Uh, no.

This scene gives me precisely the sort of shudder I got then. Well done!

2 Likes

Thank you and yes, I had a similar situation being the inspiration but instead of a moose it were sheep flocking the road and one car had stopped right at the roadside to take some pictures of the sheep “blocking” the lane :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you very much! Hope your weekend is going good too!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Very nice atmosphere and environment. Good work. :+1:

Thank you Bart!

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article of this amazing artwork!

Do check this article written by the artist himself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step with an insight on making realistic scenes in Blender

Thanks,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation

3 Likes

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #landscapes category! You can vote for it here.