The Lost House

In this scene, I wanted to imagine a manor in the forest, where ivy and vegetation would have taken over the place. :four_leaf_clover:

36 Likes

Amazing work!

1 Like

woooow amazing! :art:

1 Like

Wow… superb! That’s supreme lighting… and the skill through the leaves too -Out-Standing… Thank you for the inspiration : )

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Thank you, I’m glad you like it!

Looks great, the vegetation density is impressive, may I ask how you made it? Lighting really is the cherry on top. Perhaps I would have gone for some atmospheric perspective as well, to thicken the atmosphere. Great work

1 Like

Thank you for your appreciation! :four_leaf_clover:
For the plants in the foreground, I used weight paint mask on the ground surface with different scaters and randomize musgrave textures.
For the Ivy on the house, It’s a combination of Baga’s Ivy Generator addon and the vine pencil of botaniq. I tried to match the colors to unify the texture.
The trees in the background are, like the plants, another weight paint mask.
At first, I tried to add more atmosphere, but this was too much of a distraction from the blue of the sky, so I made the artistic choice of preserving the main colors.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Bart, have a great weekend too!

Why do abandoned places like the one you’ve depicted have such a mystical allure? I can’t help but wonder what story would have taken place in this fictional place. Am I right in assuming the inspiration was taken from Queen Anne style architecture and the forests of Oregon?

2 Likes

Love it. The details are amazing. Well done.

1 Like

Awesome work!
How many polygons in this scene?

1 Like

I totally understand the mystical feeling you’re talking about, and that’s what fascinates me so much about seeing abandoned landscapes and creating them. I think there’s a kind of nostalgia without really being one, a certain freedom perhaps. I aspire to create my own story, telling the adventure of landscapes like this one, in the future I hope!
Regarding my inspirations, they’re very similar to those you mentioned, but for this work I was simply inspired by a mental image I had of this kind of place. A mixture of memories that I experienced with a bit of fantasy.

1 Like

Thanks, glad you like it!
In this scene Im around 5 millions vertices.

1 Like

The lighting looks great. The texture of the leaves of the trees behind the house are too similar to the leaves on the ivy and the house blends together with the background. I think some depth of field would separate the house from the background.