The Marshlands

Hey everyone, here’s a render I’ve been working on for a while. I was trying to go for a more gloomy atmosphere so hopefully I succeeded. The mountains I created in World Machine and then textured in blender. Pretty much everything else was made in blender. I also used Photoshop for touch up and post processing.

62 Likes

Love the atmosphere, Great Job!

1 Like

Thank you!

reminds me of something: D
nice picture!

1 Like

Oh lol dang…I see what you mean, very similar. I swear I didn’t copy😂 You’re picture is very nice as well, great job!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thank you very much!

The dead tree’s rock lightning looks strange regarding the main framing.
Nice anyway.

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Cool! How did you do the clouds? Photo backplate?

1 Like

Wonderful, love the atmosphere.

1 Like

Nice, like the marsh land from LOTR 2. Is that Frodo, Sam and Smeagel in the distance!

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah the clouds are a photo backplate.

how did you created that tree and the u.v mapping of mountain or volcano
btw Loved your art!! :star_struck: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I’m glad you like it! For the tree I actually started with a single vertex and a skin modifier on it as well as a subdivision surface modifier. Then I just kept extruding the vertex until I made the tree shape I wanted. The mountains started as a plane and I applied a displacement modifier with a mountain displacement map I made in world machine. Then you can separate the textures using the height and pointiness of the object.

How did you create the ground? I did a landscape a while ago but i can’t seem to create the distance between the camera and the mountains with the ground in that picture. And do you have grass particles on the ground plane?

1 Like

It helps to try and get the scale as close as possible to how it would actually be.You can always try and force the perspective, but it’s usually best to have the right scale. It also helps to have something to base the scale on. For instance, in this picture, I used the horse and the tree to gauge how big the landscape should be and how far the distance to the mountain is. Having the fog is also great for creating depth in the scene. And yes I distributed all the grass particles on the ground plane.

1 Like

Cool :+1:t2: I got it. Thanks and keep creating awesome works like this.

1 Like