The medieval watchtower - fantasy style

Hi, thank you. I use the Trees from a Botaniq addon.

I don’t know specifically what you mean. Do you mean to avoid alpha overdraw?

Great :wink:

Wow, thank you I’m glad, my effort was to create the result as you describe it above. Thank you

Hi, thank you :wink:

It was a terribly hot summer outside, so my aim was to create something that would evoke a sufficiently humid and cool environment in the mountains and in a medieval style.

Alright. I meant the transparent max bounces in render settings. It needs to be high to traverse several alpha cards such as the leaves on your trees, otherwise the ray ends prematurely and simply returns black. Usually in scenes with dense foliage you tend to set that depth quite high to account for the amount of leaves. That’s why I was wondering what the value was, and the impact on rendertime.

Thank you for the clarification and I am attaching the settings for this particular scene. I rendered a fast animation at about 57 sec/frame with optix denoise enabled.

Light paths preset

I didn’t render the scene by default though, so I don’t have a time difference but there should be some time savings in this setting.

The values here are slightly adjusted against the preset values. However, I didn’t see a problem with the blackening in the leaf area.

I guess I explained everything you asked about. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, add a touch of post-processing, i,e compositing effects

1 Like

Hi,

I made some adjustments and corrections to the image directly in blender using compositing nodes, and I made further colour adjustments to the shadows and details afterwards using Darktable. Same for the images so for the animation first rendered to separate images and then mass edited.

But I didn’t want to over-edit it too much.