it has been quite some time since I posted a project here (pretty beginner back then I must admit) and I finally got myself up to finish a new one.
This is a full personal project and I decided to go for more quality design reference so
I picked a sweet architecture I found on Archdaily website and I decided to recreated it as a visualization (it is a real house). That architecture is called “The Mill House” and it has been designed (made in 2000) by Sweden arch company Wingårdh. I got hold onto original design but I also tweaked a lot of things to my liking (surroundings are mostly modified).
Everything is done in Blender 2.81+ and rendered with Cycles + postproduction in Affinity.
- 4K resolution and 1000 samples(+ OIDN), rendered with CPU only (GTX970 woudn’t cut it and Out of Core GPU rendering still not 100% working) on 6 years old 4 cores I7 laptop gaming CPU (finally getting new home pc this week). Render time was terrifying…
- A lot of stuff is collection linked from external blend file (core blend file for this project has only like 40mb size)
- Heavy use of particle systems + weight painting (got quite a few there)
- Some external models are FBX from my library that I had to create shaders for
- Some external models are from Sketchfab and textures from CC0 Textures, also HDRI is from Texture Haven (also some textures there)
- Archipack addon for the roof (but modified it manually) also volumetrics for mist (used procedural shader that some guy posted on forum and tweaked it into my needs)
- Used new pose sculpt brush to randomize animal positions
EDIT: Sorry about that last file. It is a gif of work in progress but I can’t seem to get it work to be displayed here. It is working for brief moment and then it shuts down and says that image is larger than 5MB (even thou it is link from another site). If you wish to see it then click on the link or those external websites.