The more mature Blender user, older newbies

My 16 year old son is a diehard playstation gamer, been at it since he was 4 years and forever wanting me to come and watch him play and telling me that this game needed 4000 people to create and that game needed 2500 people to create, so needless to say when I show him some of my Blender work he is has been blase about it telling me Unity and the likes are so much better than what I am doing. So…I downloaded Unreal Engine a little while ago and decided that I would learn it and make some sort of a game. I decided on Unreal because of the fact that it has Blueprints (visual node scripting) and that meant that I did not have to learn any coding, the last time I did any of that was with a Commodore VIC 20 and BASIC. :rofl:

When reading up on Unreal it is supposed to be very intimidating and be difficult to learn, but I must say that within a couple of hours I had mostly made my way around the UI and was easily making materials. I put this down to the REALLY STEEP learning curve of Blender where for me anyway anything else i have ever touched comes nowhere close to the complexity of learning Blender.

@yvesbodson2 seems like you are the 2nd oldest here on the Forum :grinning:, meet a really good friend of mine @theoldghost

Shaun

1 Like