The Old West

Hello everyone! This is the last render I did … What do you think? Criticism and advice are accepted!
(I used @Eprdox’s gun 3d model on BlendSwap and got some ideas from ArtStation)

2 Likes

That’s a well composed scene Salvatore! :+1:
Some of the textures may be a bit too “clean” to suggest any real use. Cartridges are usually handled in such a way that there would be scratches, and the brass could be discolored. The table could use some stains and such; little touches like that can add to the realism. Try searching for and using reference images to help with realism.
On the whole, tho … good job! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like it. Good placement of the objects. Good colors. It has an old west feel. I’m not concerned with practical or historical accuracy except in work intended to have that so the following is about old west feel or style.

I agree with Daf57. The ammo looks modern. Too clean and precise. The primers are too large. Use rounded bullets of bare lead not metal jacketed. Not hollow points. I would make the ammo a little less aged than .45’s from here https://www.oldammo.com/march08.htm.

It looks like the gun’s owner has marked the map in red but the ink is black. You could add a writing instrument and use red ink in the bottle but the picture’s arrangement of items and the colors is good so it might be better not to do that. The ink cap is too shiny.

2 Likes