"The One Ring" by Ofo

Model: Blender.
Render: Blender Internal.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7500/anillohdih0.th.jpg

Saludos a la comunidad Hispana!!

It is good, I like the texture, but, my critique is as follows:

1): Though the texture is good, the writing of “The one Ring” only shows up a) under fire, and b) when it shows up, it is very bright and glowing. Take the texture you have, make a mask, and use this mask on a second layer to get a very bright orange glow out of the writing on the ring.

2): The background is a good background, but it isn’t appropriate. Like I said above, to have the writing showing, you need to have the ring in the fire, or by fire, etc…

3): The ring itself has too large of radiusses, and the tops (meaning the outsides of the toriod) are too pointy. But just a very little. In short, in needs to look a little more square in shape, and less like a lemmon. :wink:

4): For a ring of darkness, I would expect the lighting to be a bit darker. The whole image looks a little too… happy, which is fine, if that is what you were going for.

Besides the above mentioned things, I think you are doing very well with this image. Good job so far!

En espanol:

Es bueno, tengo gusto de la textura, pero, mi crítica es como sigue:

1): Aunque la textura es buena, la escritura “del un anillo” demuestra solamente para arriba a) bajo fuego, y b) cuando demuestra para arriba, es muy brillante y el brillar intensamente. Tomar la textura que tienes, hacer una máscara, y utilizar esta máscara en una segunda capa para conseguir un tono naranja muy brillante de la escritura en el anillo.

2): El fondo es un buen fondo, pero no es apropiado. Como dije arriba, para tener la demostración de la escritura, necesitas tener el anillo en el fuego, o por el fuego, etc….

3): El anillo sí mismo tiene demasiado grande de radiusses, y las tapas (que significan los outsides del toriod) son demasiado pointy. Pero apenas muy un poco. En fin, en necesidades de mirar un poco más cuadrado en forma, y menos tener gusto de un lemmon.

4): Para un anillo de la oscuridad, esperaría que la iluminación fuera un pedacito más oscuro. La imagen entera mira poco también… un feliz, que está muy bien, si eso es para lo que ibas.

Además de las cosas antedichas, pienso que estás haciendo muy bien con esta imagen. ¡Buen trabajo hasta ahora!

It is is very good, I wonder how you did the writing, because i suffered many troubles with getting the writing right.

I like it, very good. Maybe a little more mirror on, could help?

Aliasing of the writing gives it a nice, hand-engraved look. (dd=2 thumbs up)

nice looks sweet. I rated it a 10