The One Ring

“One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them”

I rendered this in Cycles with 7000 passes. Even with that many, there was still noise in the final render, so I had to do some touch up work to it in GIMP. I’m not too thrilled with the final result, but I’m happy that I learned more about texturing in Cycles.

Joshua™

I’d play around with the Depth of Field on the camera, a smaller DOF will help make it look smaller than it does now.

Other than that, it looks pretty good!

Gooooood, but maybe it’s too dark.
Well done

Maybe you should add more light. It’s too dark right now. And this would definitely help a lot with the noise.

Don’t you wanna make tut for us? :slight_smile: mainly for texturing… ?
Thanks!

Dark is good for something like this

Wow, I thought that was pretty amazing. Sure it might be able to use a little bit more light, but overall I really love this. Great Job!

Nice :stuck_out_tongue:
I do not think it’s too dark, I might have made the glow from the ring give most of the light on the scene. That way the map would be bright next to the ring and dim to darkness at the edges.

I think the map is too dark because I can see such a strong highlight on the ring’s top edge - that would imply that there should be enough light to see more of the map. Maybe this is because the map’s materials are too dark them selves - it would be better to have a lighter map and see the shadow cast from the ring and chain better. I offer this because I just watched the movie and noticed how light the map was in the movie. Great work on the ring and chain, btw, very good glow on the lettering!