The Patent "Clockophone", Erkinator & Honey

Sorry Paul - I did not understand that! Any chance of a simple blend file with an example please? It’s not particle hair - that’s one step too far for me just now…

Cheers, Clock.

EDIT:

We just got back from Tony & Guy - how much, jeez I thought they wanted me to buy the shop! costs me a fiver each time for my hair-cut and that includes the search fee. Her hair’s getting better, but I still need some blur I think. I cannot post process this as I need to make videos, not just images.

Is this any better?

Not sure about this… :no: I added a short hair particle system and combed it down almost flat.

Cheers, Toymaker.

If you wanted the hair to look like rasta dreads, it’s more or less okay. If not, then it looks more like a doormat.

When you import an MH model into Blender the materials for the polygon hair are not really ready for cycles. The hair material needs some work to get the transparency working, that is in the textures. After that the result looks much better.

The same applies to the materials for the skin, the eyes and the eyelashes. You can find textures in the MH installation folder. Textures for the eyes are in \data\eyes\materials. Different hair textures are in data\hair
ame of style\materials. And you can find skin textures in \data\skins extures - all assuming you are using version 1.0.2 of MH.

Harsh, but true! I told Clock not to post that, but at least now he knows now how to put it right!

Thanks also to @minoribus and Shaun - maybe I will look better soon, once he gets back from playing with his glider!

Thanks again, Honey xxx

Next attempt…

HONEY: “Finally - I don’t look like I have been dragged through a hedge backwards… hmmm, no pasty skin either”

I think I have worked out how to do the image textures from MakeHuman now, I have done her eyes, body, hair, eyelashes, eyebrows, teeth and tongue. Next I will try the particle hair system… :slight_smile:

I have also looked at the lighting, adding three coloured spots that do not cast a shadow, got rid of the sun and toned the environment texture down a little. I have also added some Ambient Occlusion. :rolleyes:

Cheers, Clock.

PS. I think the hour I spent in the sky cleared my head a little. :eyebrowlift:

EDIT: I forgot to say that I have colourised the hair texture image to get the blonde rather than the black it came as.

…and one from the other side:

Is this better than before? :slight_smile:

Cheers, Clock.

Yes it is, all looking a lot better, maybe let her turn her neck a little and pivot her eyeballs to have a look at us, there is some magafta there in the rig that lets you move the eyes around.

You have my interest peaked with the glider story, is it a full size one?

PS: That wood has bothered me for a while now and I have kept on hoping that you would fix it and I know you are going to get around to it at some point, maybe now is the time. :smiley:

Yes - I was flying an Astir today, I also fly a Puchacz, ASK21, K8 (1960’s wood and canvas) and a Falke Motor Glider.

What is he issue with the wood please? I have no bump map yet, but do let me know what is not right.

I will be posing her for a better shot, once I have her “sorted” so to speak.

Cheers, Clock.

Clock

Just messing with you to keep you on your toes after you had a great day flying and I had to be behind the comp working most of the day.

Scene is looking better with every iteration.

Shaun

@Shaun, Jeez, I fell for that… :no: Glad you think it is improving, I am way out my comfort zone with Honey.

OK Here’s looking at you kid - I have added an empty in front of her eyes - some distance away so she doesn’t get cross-eyed. I can then move this empty so it is exactly between her eyes from the camera view - she then looks straight into the camera. Her eye bones have Track To constraints with the empty as the target, BTW. I have also added an automatic blinking routine to her eye-lids, so when I make a video she does not have her eyes open all the time.

Cheers, Clock.

I am making progress with the particle hair - still having issues combing it - it seems to disappear from the top of her head! I think I may have the comb tool too close to the head mesh - more experimenting needed, but not much time now until next weekend as Mrs C and I are away for a short break.

In the meantime - Honey has been practicing her new song:

HONEY SINGING: “It’s been seven hours and fifteen days…”

Cheers, Chick-Maker. :slight_smile:

EDIT:

I have just noticed, and corrected, an image tiling error on the speaker cloth.

…and Erkinator has a new fretless bass - just like mine! :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers, Toymaker. :smiley:

PS. Latest video is just up to half way - about another week of rendering to go…

OK I am out of here for a few days… :smiley:

Cheers, Toymaker. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to say that her face texture has been bothering me a little just lately - it seems like she had a “7 O’Clock shadow”, so I have made some changes to the texture image. Is this better?

Cheers, Clock.

EDIT: Just noticed I had hidden her eyelashes - D’Oh!

Maybe this is better… :smiley:

Now I can get on with the song animations…

Cheers, Clock.

I forgot to say - does anyone have any tips on lip syncing?

Just thought I would ask the question, before I embark upon this tricky journey…

Cheers, Toymaker.

So here is my first attempt at Lip Sync - not so good, but I need some help here please! :smiley:

Of course - the song is by Sinead O’Connor, not me… :yes:

I isolated the singing part of the song and then baked that to an empty’s F-curve, then set up a driver on Honey’s jaw bone with the empty as a target. This translates the movement in Z of the empty into a rotational movement of her jaw, with some maths thrown in!

Cheers, Toymaker.

Yes - and I am still forging on and ahead relentlessly, Erkinator is a pretty tough specimen so I don’t worry too much about his “Elf and Safety”.

Erkinator told me he was going to follow my work ethic and that he too would be “forging ahead”.

Honey says that I seem to have created a “Complete and Utter Dick-head”, I have no comment to make… :confused:

Cheers, Clock.

PS. Any ideas on the lip syncing please? :slight_smile:

Hey Toymaker and lately womanizer, shit sorry woman maker.

Where to start, so much to say.

1st off hope you not supporting Wales this weekend, go BOKKE :smiley:

Hope you enjoyed your time away and have come back with many great ideas.

Skin is looking much better on Honey, looking forward to her maybe getting a bit of a new hairdo soon, hint hint, nudge nudge, particle and all.

The lip syncing would be so much better if her top lip moved as well, not sure if it possible to add a bone to the rig or not? Also the eyes, but I am sure you will still be getting around to this.

Is that inconel the Erkie is playing with, must say he is a very talented chap with all he is able to do, maybe I can use him some time to sort the garage out.

Shaun