and the monitor:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Not Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported

I would hope that from all this that someone would be able to tell me if I can get a graphics card that can run OpenGl and which one to buy.

Thanks- YA

looks like it can’t find the OS or filesystem. I don’t think you can just swap hard drives between different machines and have everything work…

hmmm… So what does it do? Does it lower performance, or what?

Maybe I should post this in the mac forum…

Check hard-drive connection.

I have solved the error. What about the graphics card?

I used to Blend on that graphics card. I has good openGL and works well, but with only 32 MB vram you’d be very limited in how complex a scene you can work with.
Any Nvidia is the safest bet, but try to get one with at least 256 MB vram. Do you have a PCI-E slot, or just a PCI ?

I believe that is is only PCI. How did you know this?

I didn’t actually know, but I mention it as something to keep in mind when buying a video card.
There are some pretty good video cards for pci, Nv 7300 GT is available in pci. Maybe even the 8x and 9x series. No need to spend a great deal of money though. The big chips are focused on frame rates while gaming, and you’d really want PCI-E for that. Blender doesn’t need that much speed, but lots of Vram means lots of verticies at one time.

The GeForce 4 series is junk compared to the 7x series even, it’s a very old generation and since you use the BGE will not be able to handle scenes with much complexity in GLSL mode.

I have an 8800 GT and it has served me well. I’d try for a GTX 295 or GTX 280 if possible (because the GTX400 series would be like having a powerful space-heater in your computer)