"The Rings of Power" Soundtrack CD Release Mock-Up

As a film soundtrack collector, I’m a huge fan of those fancy soundtrack CD releases by labels like La-La Land Records, Intrada and Varése Sarabande. Among others, Jim Titus is well known for his fantastic work on the packaging and promotional material for these kinds of releases, and inspired by his work, I used Blender to create some promotional stills for soundtrack releases that actually DIDN’T happen.

Generally, all the cover and box designs are created by me in Photoshop, using mostly official promotional material available on Google images (and sometimes lots of retouching to get the images I need). The most important external asset I’ve used was this CD jewel case by Graham Baldwin, which provided a great starting point for the project. I’ve heavily reworked it in Blender and created all materials and maps from scratch, as well as augmented it with my own geometry for the multi-disc case. Furthermore, I’ve used this CD and its shader by M3gad3rtH for the discs themselves.

So, here goes!

“The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power”, music by Bear McCreary.

The only external 3D object is one of these photo-scanned leaves. The sand on the ground was created with Geometry Nodes, while the hardcover booklet uses Max Edge’s GN Book Rig.

And with titles, credits and other text overlays, to mimic an official promo image:

Wireframe and workbench views:

17 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like