THE sketchbook

Hi,

I am starting this sketchbook to keep myself motivated while diving deeper into 3D stuff and to engage in communication and knowledge exchange.

Currently, I am following the Animated Character Creation in Blender 3D tutorial by CrossMind Studio on YouTube.

So far, I have completed part 02 about head modelling:

Is anybody else doing this tutorial series atm?

I’ll keep adding updates regularly here :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Loooking forward to seeing them.

1 Like

I’m doing it, it’s a good course though my actual head/hand modelling is a bit sh*t. Like what you’ve done, keep at it. I find that a video of half an hour lasts me about 2 going back and forth!! lol

Same here. It usually takes me 4–5 times longer than the actual tutorial but I think that’s just normal. So, keep on doing it :wink:

Today’s progress … I finished the third lesson and made the torso.

2 Likes

Well do, you too. Well done on the torso . Good luck with the hands. I made them the wrong way around and had to flip the mesh!! Lol

I had stability issues with my PC for the past few days and couldn’t continue working on the tutorial. For now, the PC is running again and I managed to create the arms and hands of the model. It was pretty challenging I have to admit, and I am making slow progress but I am satisfied with the result so far.

Some closeups of the hand:

1 Like

Do you have your progress documented here as well, or some final results to share?

I finished the legs and combined the body with the head today. I try to refine the proportions and topology during every session … sometimes it feels like it’s improving, sometimes not. :woozy_face: :slight_smile:

Any feedback?

Today I made only very little visible progress. I had to refine the whole face to fit the eyes which took quite a while.

It took me four days to finish chapter 4 but I’m finally done and can continue. :tada:

Unfortunately, I can’t change the thumbnail of the sketchbook because the edit icon disappeared. I assume I must move to the next trust level first, or am I missing something?

1 Like

Is there a … button, it might be under that?