The small won't eat the big

Wow amazing work man. Love the detail and the video

The creature looks really good. I was expecting a fully decorated environment, based on the teaser still having fog, and what appears to be rocks and plants in the background. So maybe the teaser set my expectations too high in that regard, but the creature is quite well done. Thanks for sharing.
When can we expect the muscle deformation rig tutorial? :wink:

Well I was focussing on the creature as it was for animation reel.
And I’m working on Biiiig project of environemental visualisation so… I’m done with this :smiley:

The tutorial (tips) is available here.
But, some kind of useless on blender 2.72

Hey, thank you! I just watched it.
It was helpful to see how you linked the shape key drivers to the rig.
I wasn’t clear on why you duplicated the arm bones two more times. But maybe after reviewing again I’ll get it.
Also I just got the Humane Rigging training series, so once I’ve completed that I expect to better understand what you did.

I don’t understand, what was the big change in Blender 2.72 that made parts of your rigging technique obsolete?

Thanks for sharing.

In blender 2.71, the shapekeys wasn’t working using the deform bone rotation as there rotation value is allways zero when they are constrained with FK or IK. So to fix this, I had to change the driver value using angle difference insteead of rotation value.

But it seems that in blender 2.72, even if the value displayed is still zero, the driver use the rotation value of the deform bone after constraint. It inputs its rotation value is if you were rotating it directly instead of using constraint to make it rotate.

Hope it’s clearer

I’ve converted the model for sketchfab.

Here is a tutorial on the method used. (In this case I’

ve worked with PBR)

Even with the animation, he still seems very stiff and restrained.