The Stone Bridge

This render is based on a painting by Johan Krouthén, The Old Bridge. Made in Blender 3.6.5, edited in Lightroom. Trees are either made by me with SpeedTree, or gathered from other asset libraries. Rendered with 1024 samples and a noise threshold of 0.0001

viewport ss with wireframe on, particle systems disabled for clarity

59 Likes

This looks absolutely wonderful. Great job! :smiley:

2 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

I like your interpretation.

I went looking for the inspiration:
9ecf0d0d-39b3-4b63-824e-8ee9a752c60c

I appreciate that you adjusted the greenery so leaves don’t obscure as much of the bridge.

3 Likes

Nice job. I like the pastoral and peaceful side of this work. Working from a painting allows you to make the painter known. It’s an enrichment for his memory and it brings his view of the world back to life. It’s a good source of inspiration.

1 Like

Nice try!

The original painting is so inspirational because it succinctly and poetically celebrates the stone arch. Without a murky underside.

Wonderful how it’s distinctive stone structure is accented with a wooden railing, playful shadows, lush vegetation and trusting waterfowl.

It’s not a heavy handed pile of clumsy arched stone framed by airy vegetation. In fact it is the complete opposite.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Wonderful render

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Caustic lighting and reflection would really fill up the scene, like in the inspiration.

2 Likes

Beautiful. It that in England?

1 Like

Ive no idea!

Probably not. The artist was Swedish, and aside from a few months in France and Denmark painted mostly Swedish landscapes, generally around Linköping where he was born and lived for much of his life (so sayeth Wikipedia).

2 Likes