The website is all messed up

The site seems to be back in order. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s solved yet. It just occasionally functions as it should, but goes messy again in an hour or so. :frowning:

For me, website got in normal state today.

Hey everyone - apologize for the trouble. Herm - I wish I could say it is because of something I did. I am thrilled it is displaying properly. I’ve also just purged CloudFlare just be safe.

So it’s working for others? I still have the same problem… I tried deleting all cookies but it did not help. Is there something else I can try?

Its working now! I can post.

@Adam: delete cookies was a tip to be able switch from mobile style to full site version, Not fix the messy display

Still the same interpretation error for me :frowning:
Fine at our studio. Wrong at home. Conclusion - better stay at work :slight_smile:

Its messed again!

Same problem here. Location – Central Europe, Windows 7, no extensions enabled. I tried several browsers with dark/light theme enabled – the site was messed up in all cases. But, since www.elysiun.com/forum/ version is displaying properly in my case (no glitches there) it looks like it something in the www.blenderartists.org/forum version itself that causes the problem. Maybe some differences in the way how (which) .css/.js are linked or used?

It is two weeks from first pošt here and still without any step forward.
Does exist any oficial statement?
Thank you for more info.

Hey there - I am sorry you feel that way. Troubleshooting this is extremely difficult with me or the staff able to reproduce it on our end. Users above have been reporting it worked all of a sudden with us not doing anything in those timeframes. I wish it would do it for our team so we could fix it!

What has been done so far:

• CloudFlare Cache has been cleared and settings adjusted
  • Even bypassed CloudFlare.com for a few days to see if that cleared anything.
  • Submitted the site for malware scans from Rackspace, they reported they didn’t find anything.
  • Using a proxy we’ve visited the site from EU, Netherlands and Germany with seeing it display correctly.

Any additional information please post it here! Sorry for the trouble.

Interesting observation. In Opera browser (ver. 35.0), activation of the “Opera Turbo” function resolves the problem with BA and the site displays correctly. Since in the case of Opera Turbo the visited site basically goes through one of the servers of the Opera Software ASA in order to be compressed — so the whole process basically reroutes the access path to the site — it seems to be a problem with CDN. (But I guess it still doesn’t explain why the Elysiun version is displayed correctly no matter what.)

Would it help if I let some of the administrators to access my PC via TeamViewer or something similar? To see the problem first hand? I mean I would not be exactly happy to let someone snoop around my computer, but I really liked the forum, so maybe we could make something up…

Also, what is the deal with https://blenderartists.org/forum/ I never heard it before someone mentioned it here. Is it a mirror of blenderartists? It works fine for me and if there is no downside of using it, I will just change my bookmarks and problem solved for me…

Elysiun is what BlenderArtists used to be way back in the day. The site was renamed to make it more clear what it’s about. As you’ve noticed the old domain still exists and works. I’m actually not sure if those pages are served by the CDN. That’s something Wes would know.

I am pretty certain it is related to the CDN, though just confused when bypassing CloudFlare the results were the same. At least locally. On a non-related/related note. The site has been maxing out it’s database connections fairly frequently, especially during backup periods.

We are currently on the largest cloud site plan from our host, and I am exploring a dedicated DB server, or expanding to other hosts that could accommodate BA’s size.

Appreciate the continued patience, I wish I had more time in the day and coffee in my backpack! :wink:

for my site still messed, i can’t post.
but if i use Browsec vpn for Chrome site works great

Update: I am in the process of migrating the site to a new expanded host to at least address the max DB connections.

This is going to take a few days. With BA allowing the uploading of images to our servers, we have 100+GB of attachments to migrate. Testing and upgrading of the software. I am able to put 1-2hrs a day in on it, and the coffee is flowing into the evening. :wink:

More as I have it and thanks for hanging with us.

Unable to post using my home connection, thanks for looking into this!

Its working now!

Thanks for letting me know, though frustrating because I didn’t change anything. :frowning: But glad it is working!

These past few evenings I’ve been downloading the attachments from the site. It is taking a bit longer than I hoped. With the intent to move to a new host that should address the Max DB connection issues at least.

Happy Blending!