The Wolf medallion - from The Witcher 3 game

I’m a huge fan of The Witcher series (the games and books) and I have always wanted to make a witcher medallion in blender. It was a personal test of my modeling skills so far, and
I’m pretty satisfied with the result. I’ve made this scene completely using Blender 2.8, and using Photoshop for editing.

Here is the layout and the wireframe of the model:

I modeled the whole mesh using only a reference photo what was especially tricky, because of its complex and hard to understand shape. The model itself contains of 2131 vertices. The whole project took me 11 days. It really helped me learn a lot mostly about smoke simulations, but also about different ways of modeling objects.
If you liked this project also check my profile to find my other artworks.

Edit:
Recently I decided to try and take a more stylistic approach, and tweak the composition a bit.
After a couple of failed attempts I was left with this:

I deleted the previous materials, changed them a bit, making them look less heavy to the eye, and of course I used Freestyle to create the lines. This is actually my second attempt at using freestyle, So I definetely learned a lot.
If you can come up with a way to further improve my work, make it look better - write your tips in the comments - I’ll read them for sure!

7 Likes