Themes Competition! [Finished, New Themes Committed]

you can remove Softdefault, or I think you said earlier you’re gonna remove it. do it please have no time updating it :slight_smile:

Also, I think the factory setting theme should be present as Blender25x, so to revert back to the theme you can do it, w/o reset to factory setting and loosing lots of shortcuts changed etcetera.

aermartin, yeah, I’ll try to sneak that one in, :slight_smile: last time i tried that it was removed :wink:
it’s nicer than the reset to defaults button & I often save the default just to read the results. 2.5x sounds good :slight_smile:
I’m not sure on softdefault, you don’t need to update it, I’m updating most contrib themes as they miss a few small things to get nice again.
One thing I would like is less contrast on your softimage theme.
It’s so beautiful but the number sliders & the text inputs could be toned down a little from the dark grey i think.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Hi Meta-Androcto
Here is the Graph 1.41 for Blender 2.72 with Pie Menu Themed
Download

Cheers!

Fixed the text editor ; text selections. Interface ,number and text fields (readability issues - item and text selections). Also changed the add-on menu box colors (the previous issues were still there).

UPDATE : File browser text readiblity fixed. Maybe someone can test this and tell me anything I missed.Link updated with latest version

Link > https://www.dropbox.com/s/mel5fp1p6hptvdn/science_lab.xml?dl=0

Does anyone know if were going to get a new default theme? I think we should replace the 2.5x theme with Graph. Maybe by 2.8?

Oh man, I missed the competition.

I would have submitted this:

It’s my toned down version of the super nice MOYO theme, so most of the credits go to the author Giuseppe La Greca

Download

Cheers

@maxon that looks great!!

@meta-androcto thanks, and great input, I will try it at home next time I have time to sit with blender, tweak the input fields. it could be less contrasty and still stand out.

maxon, thanks, don;t forget to put the theme on blendswap for exposure

Final Results!

Committed to master, availible in nightly builds from tomorrow. (or now if you build yourself)
In Release for 2.73:
graph (new) by vitorbalbio
science lab (new) by yii7
softimage update by aermartin
blender24x update (new) by rrtk

have all been added to Blender Release themes!
A Big THANK YOU to all who participated & Congratulations to the “Winners”

Thanks a lot Meta-Androcto :smiley: Cheers!

Good to see Graph there, it’s a great Theme. Congrats.

That’s great! Thanks MetaAndrocto! :smiley:

I never saw this thread, also have no idea if anyone would like this theme, but I’ve been using it for months. And I know I am late, but if this is of some use to someone sweet.

Also if anyone notices any issues, or have improvements, please let me know.

So here goes.

mr_mister.zip (5.14 KB)

Is there a reason why these themes don’t appear on the “Blenders” you download on blender.org? Only the ones you get from buildbot?

They were commited a few days ago. Just after the release. Some of them are buildbot only also.

I hadn’t see it, sorry.
Btw, thanks for taking such initiative. I guess new Blender users that aren’t aware of ways and where to get different/better themes will greatly appreciate it, and the ones who know how to download them, will appreciate for having more variety right out of the box.

Thank you!

I hope the devs make it an option to turn on flat shading ui, I would like to adopt my Softimage to that style.

this is a screenshot from pablos builds. it looks good imo,

this is a screenshot from pablos builds. it looks good imo,

That is not “good”, that’s AMAZING! Clean and Modern i just love it! Where can i get this build?
Cheers!