Themes in blender

I’m exploring various themes in Blender’s workflow and have come across terms like composition, lighting, procedural generation, geometry nodes, typography, dirvers and modeling(and a LOTT more) but it’s literally all alien to me. Could someone help me understand these themes in more detail and possibly share insights on other key themes that are crucial for a well-rounded Blender workflow?

I think this will help a lot:

1 Like

What is crucial to learn depends on what you want to achieve in blender ?

For example, if you want to use Blender for 3D printing, learning rendering techniques is not crucial, but learning modeling techniques is.

If you want to create still images, you do not need to learn animation.
If you want to create game assets, learning compositing nodes is useless.
If you want to create movies, you need to have a basic understanding of everything. But you don’t need to be an expert in every field.
For instance, you don’t need to be a master in realistic 3D modeling, to produce a grease pencil 2D movie. But you probably need to understand basics of object selection, transforms and navigation in 3D viewport.

2 Likes

Welcome :tada:

…well this seems like a very general enquiry… like:

i’m new to my kitchen and came across some topics like: cooking, roasting, baking, chopping, mixing, stiring, tasting… can you help me to understand…

…and i’m not making fun of you… just exaggerating… for both someone needs… month if not years to learn…

But for a general overview you might also look at :

…with mutliple links to other main articles…

2 Likes