TheNewGuy - Sketchbook

I don’t really want to spam Finished Projects with my 1 hour “doodles”. So here’s my newest one.

Ah ah love your style… keep it up! :slight_smile:

I just love your work man :smiley:
I am trying to ‘copy’ your work but mine has less live in it .This low poly is harder then most people think it is :slight_smile:

And, I believe I speak for anyone here sir, When I say : “SPAM MOAR!”

Your beautiful artworks almost force me to get into lowpoly modelling… :slight_smile: It’s really inspiring to see your artworks.

Thanks for the nice comments.

New timelapse today: Treasure!

I just started learning Blender. I love your video, even the music choice is so great. May I ask you what you think is the best way to learn 3D modeling?

I’d say watch and follow tutorials for a few months to get the hang of blender. After that start thinking up of bigger projects that would take atleast a week or two to make. The final render for the project might not be the best but you will learn a huge amount of things by trying to fix problems and learn everything by yourself.
There’s so many people that can only model things by following a tutorial that it’s just sad. Ofcourse you can try and copy someone elses render but just don’t be one of those people that follow a tutorial and then post their final render on the finished projects section looking for comments and critique.
If you want to go more into low poly like I do then you can send me a message and I can privately give you some tips or critique your work.

Need to post some more work right?
Here’s a volcano!

I was doing some logo designs and got a little bit carried away in photoshop :confused:
Raw render

Tweaked in photoshop

Hmm been some time since I posted here.
Anyways, I bought a tablet and after a few hours of getting used to it I went straight to work.

Yes, you painted textures are quite good, what history do you have with art? You seem to have taken to the tablet pretty fast, takes most people a good week before they are used to it.

Dang. I like the low poly style you have going on. Have you ever thought about making an animated short in that style? If you can get the animation looking good, then I can see something like that being really awesome.

Allan I don’t really have much history with art. I finished art school in my town but it was a pretty old one and I didn’t learn much there. I can’t draw nicely either. For the tablet, I was thinking it would take me a week too but I was actually ready to go after using it for about 2 hours.

Scotch I can’t animate well at all :smiley: And I also don’t have any ideas for animation :confused:

Congrats for being accepted at Revise man!