Last I’ve read, these printing machines are not capable of painting, laying bricks, and applying tile. The vast majority of people who can afford nicer homes are not going to want concrete walls made from layers squeezed out of a tube.
If we are so concerned about automation, then I have a few suggestions.
- Ban refrigerators, it will bring back the Milk Man and the Ice Man
- Ban combines, it will mean the average crop harvest will need thousands of people with sickles (per farm at modern sizes)
- Ban fruit picking machines, orchards will suddenly need hundreds of people to pick and sort.
- Ban private cars, imagine the hundreds of thousands of taxi drivers that will be needed
- Ban personal computers, millions of jobs created because people will need to hire for tasks they can’t learn on their own anymore (due to lack of automation and no YouTube). Thousands of postal jobs created as well because of the millions of letters that will need transport. No CGI will mean a surge in jobs for set builders and jobs in hundreds of new hobby stores. Brick & mortar will also come back and create hundreds of thousands of new jobs.
- Ban lightbulbs, bring back the candlestick makers
- Ban personal washing machines, bring back the laundromats
- Ban planes, ocean liners require more people to run than flying tubes.
Your life would suck, but everyone will have a job at least.