They keep on trying, the newest attempt to crack smellovision comes for gamers

After many failed attempts to nail this concept in a way that works well, out comes the newest entrant in the form of a hexagonal table that sits in front of your PC or game console (so you can smell the games being played).

You can purchase this now by the way, the company producing this believes this will work because of renewable smell cartridges with scent releases powered by AI.

To be honest, it really does look like it takes a better approach compared to scratch-and-sniff strips and sending smells through pipes, as you do not have to perform actions to make it work and this is purposely not meant for large rooms with a large audience. However, this may end up being a temporary solution until we have VR hardware that can write information into the brain directly.

This could either be the Oculus-Rift moment for this specific sense or it could bomb, who knows at this point (as recent history is all but littered with failed attempts to increase immersion whether it be from price, reliability, or overall mediocre quality).

1 Like

I think there are games that I would prefer not to smell! :joy:

4 Likes

My money’s on flop.

1 Like

This was a leak… it was meant to be publishd in three weeks… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

All GTA Kids get punished for smoking weed :smiley:

1 Like