Thirst someone?

Hi everybody,

was playing around with Blender, and did an ordinary coke-can for a more complex exterior Szene later to come.

http://edvberater.serverpool.org/Bilder/coke.jpg

Maybe someone will find it useful to have the blendfile, feel free to use it in your own projekts or to learn from it. :wink:

Klick me!

GreetZ

ReSeT

Cool, how did you do the label?

Nice job, ReSeT

The only improvemts I can suguesst is more bevel on the can where it tapers up to the lid, and moving the opener more closer to the hole and into it a little bit.

Alan

Nice job. Did you make the texture yourself? If yes, do you mind me using it?

-Antiggo

No, i found it somewhere on the net, but without any copyright notices, thus I think it’s okay if you use it. :wink:

Without copyright notices? Well, good then., I’ve been looking for such a texture for a while. :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, downloaded your blend. Why on Tim Burtons planet of the apes did you render with yafray? You could do a lot better with the Blender inernal render using Ambient Occulsion. IMO. :slight_smile:

-Antiggo

Ooh, now I want coke! :smiley:

I like it. The texture looks ever so slightly fuzzy, did you try changing the filter?

Keep it up.

Good can. How much verts?

I could go for one of those right about now. Very impressive.

the “eiskalt” cylindical mapping stretches on the cone. ( which can happen to real cans when printed before bending, due to material stress ) to prevent that shrink UVs in y direction a little for that cone region.

BM

yeah can i use the blend file? i want to have alittle homey touch to my picutre

Why on Tim Burtons planet of the apes did you render with yafray?

Well, let me say that I am a fan of yafray. I like the way it produces realistic images. I think there’s still room for improvements, since this is a very poor example for yafray’s capabilities. :wink: And Yafray GI is much faster than Blender AO in my opinion.

The SubSurfed Mesh has about 14.000 Vertices when it’s converted.

the “eiskalt” cylindical mapping stretches on the cone. ( which can happen to real cans when printed before bending, due to material stress )

I thought I had to leave it that way, because of realism.

yeah can i use the blend file?

Sure, everybody feel free to use it.

Cheers

ReSeT

*goes down stairs gets a glass of coke * pppssssffffff mmmmm looks cool and i did get some coke :D.

Cool picture!

A few years ago I needed the texture of a can too. (a red-bull can) Unfortunately I could not find the texture on the internet. So i simply put the can on my scanner and rolled it as the scanner-light moved… :slight_smile:
works perfectly.