This means war

Initially started as a showcase for students on “how does the array modifier work”, and not long after I was deep into the detailing. I prefer to have other motivations to do renders, not “by accident” but for now, that’s how I roll :smiley:

51 Likes

An absolutely awesome render. :fire:

1 Like

The fire emoji is the ultimate compliment😀. Thank you!

1 Like

It is. :smile: I try to save them for the works on here I find the most epic.

1 Like

The sense of scale you’ve achieved here is quite nice. Compositing/blocking is also great.

And another +1 that the guns’ bursts/projectiles aren’t complete duplicates of each other. A simple thing to do, but so often overlooked…

3 Likes

There’s something to be said about making a literal wall this interesting.

It makes me want to run on top of it, besides it, behind it, away from it, towards it, up it, down from it, through it, inside of it and around it. Damn.

1 Like

This is super cool! I would love to see what they’re firing at… you’ve created quite the captivating work here

Something just entered the upper atmosphere.

3 Likes

Super dark wall vibes. :fire:

@joseph fetchez la vache?

4 Likes

My French is quite rusty… I’m getting that they are firing at cows, which is an intriguing thought, but I doubt is what you meant :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:laughing:

Run Away!

That is an impressive wall. For it starting as an array modifier, I didn’t notice repetition right away.

3 Likes

This is an absolute banger dude, loved the mood and the details :exploding_head:

1 Like

You are maybe a little young, but google Monty Python fetchez la vache…

1 Like

Thanks! For still images, the repetition can be avoided easily in photoshop, like I did with the canons, but it’s a bit tidious if you want to do it all in blender.
Actually, now as I think of it, it’s not too much work, it’s all in my head :smiley:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Drawing parallels with the Donkey in Shrek, when he says “That’s a nice boulder”. Thank you! :smiley:
Also, the repetition is broken with the shader. If you use object coordinates, you can rotate it a bit and it’s doing something weird. At least for me, it lacks any kind of control, but sometimes it works.

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

WOW! amazing stunned what ever your motivation is keep it up excellent work!