This mouse is for professional 3D artists - CAD etc! is it for Blender?

im looking for a new mouse… this thing looks pretty revolutionary, will it actually be of benefit to Blender use? Will Blender support it?

:anguished: At 4:18 in the video it shows the software supported out of the box… 3DS max, AutoCad, Catia VS C4D even excel, firefox, chrome, photoshop, Rhinocerous, sketchUp, Solidworks, Maya, Illustrator, ZBrush… But not Blender… ???

This looks awesome! I don’t know for sure if blender supports it, but if it does, I’m probably going to get one.

1 Like

How about this thing… It could assign the numpad buttons on the side of the mouse https://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-Naga-Trinity-Optical-Interchangeable/dp/B077KJKMYD/ref=pd_rhf_se_s_bmx_0_10?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B077KJKMYD&pd_rd_r=475a56d5-c76f-4169-97f3-3a19fa45fd55&pd_rd_w=BSJRt&pd_rd_wg=RAyrf&pf_rd_p=237fb004-145d-4e56-aa78-f6a89a350ab1&pf_rd_r=FX5R98B8127TEAYQ1XS4&psc=1&refRID=FX5R98B8127TEAYQ1XS4

$100 But im very tempted by the Logitech MX Master 3 now…

Im also getting a UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet its 10x 6 inch with 8192 pressure leves and a heap of side buttons and what looks like a massive vertical zoom pad and a whole bunch of accessories like gloves and such… Next up is a new Keyboard as well…

in case you’re wondering the reason im upgrading is the mouse and keyboard i have right now are not even half decent. The mouse is a cheap $10 thing from china of which the buttons only work ever other click. and the keyboard is not proper feel keys and has about 10 keys faded out so you cant see what letter they are, and its about 15 yrs old.

Hey - anyone know anything about this? :

Are there more like this?

Side scrolling works well under blender, I’m using it with a Magic Mouse but I imagine it would work just as well with a mx master.

That was supposed to be a competitor to a wiimote/kinect/playstation move controller.

You could just get a wiimote or Kinect and map it to keyboard controls, but I honestly have no idea why you would want to use one for blender

I have a similar gaming mouse and the side buttons do work with blender (although there are only two of them), no reason why more shouldn’t work