Thought this might be cool reading for some of you

Incredible LOL. Just wanted to share an article with one of the main blender communities.

Next time I will include the title of the article, the article and probably search the whole forum just to make sure i dont double post. Oh and yes, i will include the link as well.

Man, talk about fuzz over nothing. I didn’t really mean to offend anyone, but just point out that there indeed is a lot of topics like “Look what I found”, “There are too many…”, “Can’t believe this!”. If someone makes a topic, I think it’s decent to give some clue what the content of the thread is. Nothing more. Perhaps I should’ve commented on the thread itself, to avoid confusion. I meant topic titles like that are stupid. Not the threads, since the title is only half of it. So just relax. Besides, it was just my opinion. Now I am talking too much about it myself, so, sorry if I offended anyone. Just kinda bored seeing them all.

“wicked grin” Group hug everyone!

I’m fairly new to Blender-and 3-D computer art generally (For what it’s worth, I consider myself fairly experienced in two dimensional art, having a degree in painting, and being pretty good at photoshop) But I’ve looked into the comparison with other programs and my impression is this;
Blender art is not at the very pinnacle-and if you were a major company wanting absolute state of the art CGI, you’re not going to come to Blender.
HOWEVER; Blender is still damn good. My feeling is that as with any other tool in art, the thing to do is to be aware of it’s limitations and to try and make a virtue of them-for example, crayons are obviously not as good as oil paints if you want to create subtle gradations of light and shade-therefore you work within the limitations of them and play to their strengths.
Ok, so comparing Blender to crayons maybe isn’t very complimentary, but hopefully you get the idea!

It’s exciting for me, to be a witness to the talent in this community. I may never be half as good as most of you, but I feel blessed to be here,

i have the same thoughts.
i have also read that article before, can’t remember where i came across the link (in another thread maybe). it’s just good to know Blender is the only free app to be compared against the giants, which costs so much more than what i can afford. i mean, it must be very good to be even considered for the comparison.

Very good point. Any day now, a media or magazine personality will have to say, “er… forgive me for my previous anally-retentive, snobbish price-based judgment on Blender. It’s a very serious 3d suite. It kicks gluteus maximus”.

Then I’ll fall from bed – or his reputation will be shot by corporate lapdogs worse than Dvorak’s after attacking “AJAX”.