Tifa Lockhart Head and Hair Sculpting Timelapse

2021 - 24 January

I did a sculpting study of Final Fantasy character, Tifa Lockhart. This is part of a bigger project where I want to do a full body model fully textured, particle hair and all that good stuff. In this video everything is sculpted and modelled in Blender, vertex paint/polypaint done in Zbrush, and for the test renders which was done in Cycles, and composited in Photoshop. Background images used in the test renders are screenshots from Final Fantasy 7 Remake cutscenes. I wanted to create my own version of Tifa but i want the model to not deviate from the original aesthetic of Final Fantasy 7 remake. So i tried to match the proportion of the face like the one from the remake but in the end I wanted it to have my own touch i guess, so it’s not just a 1-1 recreation of the original from the Remake. Current outfit is still in progress/proxy, the final outfit design will be using concept art by Adrian Meribault. If you have any feedback please just let me know. That’s about it. Take it easy guys!

“Tifa Lockhart” work in progress personal project fantasy 3D sculpt by Yuditya Afandi.
This video is about sculpting the head, eyeballs, eyebrows, eyelashes, and the hair.

Tifa Lockhart head and hair sculpting timelapse:

Studio/client: fantasy character, sculpture
Software: Blender, Zbrush, Photoshop
Tasks:

• Modelling
  • Sculpting
    When: January 2021

Artstation link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xJrPb1

54 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very much man! I appreciate it!

1 Like

I love Tifa…great job :smiley:

1 Like

Amazing as always!

1 Like

Great work, congrats.

1 Like

Nice , Great work :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is a perfect sample for testing AI reconstruction of a face. I did this on a phone app that does these things.

4 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Whoops, I forgot to add the link!

1 Like

Great work really you are on the next level!!
:ok_hand:

1 Like

Perfection is hiding behind a wall and covering its face out of shame at the sight of this render.

1 Like

That’s interesting!

1 Like