TinEye - image search engine

Didn’t see it mention before. It’s trully amazing

TinEye is an image search engine built by Idée currently in beta. Give it an image and it will tell you where the image appears on the web.

You use image as a source and the browser searche for same or similar pictures.
For instance, you can look if someone used your worked your work somewere on the web.

How cool is that?!

Yeah, 5_On_It turned the Michigan Blender User Group on to it two months ago. I had other ideas for it, but I never thought on checking on your own work.

Thats pretty cool. Signs up

On that note, I rather hoped for a song search engine. Like you could whistle a tune of that song you really searching for but don’t know who performed or wrote it.

Will NEVER happen. Copyright issues as well as the huge amount of disk space and comp time required will prevent it. In theory it would be cool though.

Will NEVER happen. Copyright issues as well as the huge amount of disk space and comp time required will prevent it. In theory it would be cool though.
Take a look at this
http://www.midomi.com/
Edit : I have been playing with this and it works quite well!

Cool. It recognized twinkle twinkle little star, as well as “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen, after 3 tries. Pretty damn good!
Oh snap, I just played “Blackbird” by the Beatles on my guitar, and it recognized it. This is really awesome!

double post… oopppssss

toontje,

Do you mean THis really cool Free iphone App that just came out?
Frustrated by that radio station that refuses to ID the song you just fell in love with? Let Shazam listen to 10 seconds, and it’ll give you artists, title and even a link to purchase.

Side note
Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be very adept at identifying indie music.

Cool Stuff, huh?