Tired of Animae

I still prefer anime style to that nickalodeon (?) or Cartoon Network - vector-style shit. They’re frighteningly ugly and tasteless.

Look at D-Gray man and then say Manga it is shit …but you will see it is not!

Agree that some are very comercial and that it is , King of Fighters fighting game pure anime style still rocks totay.

Just say you are borred and stop the rant like a child that don`t know that people needs money to live and feed!

I have no bias for or against anime, I just like the subject matter sometimes. Take Lupin the 3rd, just a badass horndog thief, his gang VS a bumbling interpol detective. Also, City Hunter, similar, but a horndog private eye instead of a horndog thief, both with plenty of action and raunchy humor. You don’t get that much on american live action(that new show The Good Guys is kinda fun).

Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Outlaw Star, Last Exile, Ghost in the Shell, you just don’t see live action western stuff doing this stuff as well as the anime folk do very often. And when they do, they can it after a few seasons(firefly) or let it go off the rails(buffy, lost, ect)

Speaking of “off the rails”… One problem I have with amine seems to be a trend lately. They seem to be trying to “outWTF” eactother towards their finales. Like Big O… Or Code Geass… Or Blue Gender…or Black Cat… Or Last Exile… But ESPECIALLY big o… I mean I get if you go into it expecting a mind****, like paranoia agent or whatever but with at least 3 of the afore mentioned I was just expecting fighting robots with maybe some sci fi…

http://protaku.com/pics/fuck_anime.jpg

Anime itself ain’t that bad, but many asian cartoon drawers don’t dare to experiment with their drawing style and stick with anime. Anime kills real creativity :frowning:

anime is not for geeks it is for people who understand the meaning life and ar cool :RocknRoll:

ah, growing up… :yes:

I would love to know how to draw stylistic Anime. Its great for creating animals. They are so characterised. They look wonderful… Just the animals, tho…

All of the hiaruo miazaki (sp?) films are wonderful. They are more like art galleries than movies/
:smiley:

yea…anyone who thinks Anime is all stupid kiddy stuff has not seen very much of it. (Or rather, may have seen too much of a genre).

Anime is not a single Genre, it encompasses everything from children shows, to teen, to adult. Action, Adventure, Romance, Comedy, Historical, Drama…far too many genres to lump together.

Try watching the film Ghost in the Shell, or Rurouni Kenshin (The 1st movie, not the series) or Sword of the Stranger. (If you like action). For more drama, consider the series Moribito: Gaurdian of the Sacred Spirit (Not as fluffy as it sounds).

It’s far more varied than you are giving it credit for. Yes, there’s a lot of crap in there, but there are some that hit a level of writing, dialogue, and storytelling I’ve yet to see matched in live action films anywhere.

sigh not this shit again.

I watch anime and I agree with OP that many of them are really perverted but I want to say one thing about that. The Japanese love sex jokes. It’s a big part of their humor, though I agree that “Ohhh, I fell over and accidentally grabbed this girl’s boobs” is getting extremely overused.

Though all animes aren’t like that, there’s a thing called “Genres”. And as someone here said, it’s stupid to say that all anime is bad when you haven’t even seen 1% of it.

But the main thing is, if you don’t like anime you don’t have to make threads about it.
I really hate wrestling but you don’t see me making threads about it >.<

Also one last point, go watch Elfen Lied and/or Death Note and come back to tell me anime is for kids, kthx ^^

Elfen Lied is kind a bad example, since it is FULL of the “akward situation joke” things. Death Note, or Ghost in the Shell would be my candidates for “Not for kids”

Well yeah but that is another example of why I wouldn’t let my kids watch it xP

I have yet to watch Ghost in the Shell but I hear that it is quite “dramatic” :cool: