Tissue by Alessandro Zomparelli

Option number 2

Hi
I really want to try this add-on, but when I install it. The blender console states Modules Installed from ā€¦zip to ā€¦\2.76\scripts\addons but I cannot find it in the add-on list. Iā€™m running on Win 10 and blender 2.76. I have the PyNum installed
what am I missing?

my chain mail
[ATTACH]407200[/ATTACH]
can be deleted

update

here is the blend:

Option number 3

Someone can do it with this plugin? :slight_smile:

i remember this videoā€¦ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG5C_a6rxrY
they use colors to define certain areas with different patterns

A nice add-on! I tried it for very little works, and it was really helpful! thank you Alessandro!!!

Hi Aaltje, this should be the right procedure:
. go to User Preferences tab add-on
. click on ā€œInstall from Fileā€¦ā€ on the bottom
. select the zip file that you downloaded from github

is this the procedure that you followed?

@AlexMcKonst: really cool tests!!! Iā€™m inserting in the wiki also some images from the community. If you like the idea, maybe I can insert also some of yours, with proper credits, of course.

@Peak: that video was really interesting. As also Burnin suggested Iā€™m considering to use UV mapping for roughly detect the right orientation of the component for every face. Maybe inserting also an option for switching individuals faces. It is really in my ToDo list, I just need to find the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

@The general: Iā€™m happy to have kept you on Blender :wink:

Iā€™ll be very happy.:yes:

Thank you Alessandro, This addon is simply amazing! Iā€™m patiently waiting for a tessellation mode based on UVā€™s :stuck_out_tongue: Keep up the good work!

Hi everybody, waiting for more advanced tools, I introduce a new operator ā€œRotate Facesā€ that allows you to rotate the selected faces and immediately update the tessellated meshes. Hope that you find it useful.
For using ā€œRotate Facesā€ you must select the base object and select in edit mode the faces to rotate.

Cheers

thanks for update, but the current init.py is not a valid python source. Since it writes as

"author": "Alessandro Zomparelli (Co-de-iT)",
<<<<<<< HEAD
 "version": (0, 2),
=======
 "version": (0, 2, 1),
>>>>>>> dev1
 "blender": (2, 7, 5),

Thanks for reporting it. I have fixed it now :wink:

Thanks for the update! Now we can do more:yes:

thanks I had downloaded the release and that didnā€™t work . just downloading the latest master worked fine

First tests for incoming new feature: follow UV for components rotation.

Ok, itā€™s official. Tissue v0.2.3 is on Github with new UV option. As always, please report bugs and issues :wink:
Soon Iā€™ll update also the documentation.

great work thanks

This is a really fantastic addon, many thanks!