to all Blender Publisher owners!

Hi loyal supporters of Blender,

The shop database is still not accessible, the website where it was hosted has a disk problem, the database won’t run yet.
Bart is working on it, but he has another daytime job too.

So I can still not contact all Publisher owners, as I was intented to do long ago.

The least I can do for your support during the last NaN months, is offering you a free Membership. It might be until after siggraph, first half of august, before I can contact all of you about this. But I certainly will, please wait another few weeks.

Of course I hope you don’t mind contributing to the fund anyway, that’s all up to you. :slight_smile:

Regards,

-Ton-

I’m not a publisher owner but if I was I would still donate.

I’m a Publisher owner, but since I had the liscence through the BlenderLeague, I must refuse the membership with respect to others that payed/will pay (until I can pay for it myself that is).

LLB!

Martin

Thanks Ton!

I really appreciate
your dedication to
those who expressed
their dedication to
Blender through buying
a Publisher License.

On a side note,
I will most likely donate
to the Blender-Slave-Fund
but it’s nice to receive
the token membership
in retro-spective aknowledgement
of support.

thanks!

Thanks Ton. I’m a publisher owner too. But I’m planning also on donating to the blender fund .

Wow. I’ve been swamped at work and haven’t touched base for many weeks. Tonight I go on line and there’s Ton’s email. Then I end up back here and find the post about free membership because I purchased a Blender Publisher license. Too cool. I’m glad to see Blender coming back to life - and appreciate the genuine consideration shown by Ton and NaN. I’ll contribute, too. The only thing better than Blender is the community, inside and outside of NaN, that has grown up around it. The talent, spirit, and cooperation I’ve seen and experienced here are worth the price of admission all by themselves. :smiley:

Too bad i’m not a multi billionare, i’d give you the 100k euro :smiley:

Once my parents get a credit card i’ll donate.

pooba

I am a publisher owner but will contribute the 50 USD as well. The Offer is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Mthoenes

Its refreshing to know you appreciated us publisher buyers, For me (a fairly poor 17 year old) it meant foregoing christmas presents. I bought it mostly to fund NaN (I have no real use for most of it it since Im not producing anything commercially) and as a thanks to them for the original Blender.

Thanks again Ton, I wish you and NaN all the best.

-david

Ok, even though I have just been changed from newbie to forum regular, I am lost a little with this string. First, what is the advantages of owning Blender Publisher instead of Blender Creator? Besides the obvious of Publishing rights. Does Publisher have more to offer in way of use and features? What is the shop Data Base? Is Publisher still available. I have enjoyed using creator OOO! so much since I started in March of this year, and I would throw Down 350.00 in a second for Publisher just to have Commercial rights to use. I say 350.00 because someone had said to me thats what it cost. I cant express how much Joy I have gotten from this program, and often wonder will Blender continue to be Developed. I sometimes worry , am I spending all this time and effort learning blender, when in the end, it may fall behind in developement? Dont get me wrong, blender is and will always be my first love, and I will always be loyal, but sometimes I wonder am I missing any thing by not exploring other 3D Programs such as MAYA and LightWave. I make my living working in Digital Video, and would like to combine the two. Are my fears warranted or does Blender have a future in advancement of developement and so on, Also, will I ever be able to purchase Publisher in the near future?

NDNChief, Not a NOOB no more, I am A Forum Regular, OORAH!

Checkout this page. It should answer your questions. www.blender3d.com/members.html

John

ndnchief, please donate that amount to the Blender Foundation!

You will find out more at http://www.blender3d.com/ , and it really needs your money! If we’re lucky, Blender development can never be stopped again! And, using the GNU GPL, you can create any kind of 3D art you want by using it - commercially or non-commercially.

Felix

So, when I donate say, the 50.00 dollars US does that mean that Blender Publisher will be available to me as soon as 250 people donate or they reach 100 k, available mabey sometime in late August? So If I Donate 50$ right now during the drive, what is it that I will get? Besides the satisfaction of helping out a great program that I have come to love? I mean I am most interested in Blender Publisher, Stand Alone, Publishing Rights, etc… Could someone please break it down for me, what does membership right now during the campaign drive entail? Im not quite understanding the website, Hell I dont even understand some of the terminology?

NDNChief, Need Enlightenment, :-?

Well, I signed up for Membership, and donated the 50.00 dollars, wish I could give more, but money is tight right now. Had to do some serious smooth talking to get the O.K. from my signicant other,(WIFE), LOL…
Anyway I hope this little bit helps, I cant Express how much joy I get from Blender Creator, and how excited I am to becoming a Blender Publisher owner, OOHRAH!!!

NDNCHief, Cant wait for August to come…

I think you got it mixed up dude, if you already owned publisher license you get the league membership, not the other way around.

I think you got it mixed up dude, if you already owned publisher license you get the league membership, not the other way around.[/quote]

I think this is what he was referring to (from the Blender3D site)…

During campaign:

• Costs: minimum one time fee of EUR 50 (or USD 50)
  • Name mentioned at the www.blender3d.com site (if you like)
  • Access to a closed area on www.blender3d.com
  • Download of Blender documentation
  • Blender Creator V2.25
  • Blender Publisher 2.25 with ‘Key’ to unlock features such as stand-alone game creation. This download will be available when the 250th member subscribes.
  • Access to the new services portal in construction. Sneak previews!
  • Dependent at the duration of the campaign, a Blender 2.26 might be built.

Yes, that is what I was refering to, I understood the website to mean once 250 people donated, blender publisher would be avialable to those who donated during the campaign drive. If I misUnderstood, and thats not the case, so be it. I still woulda, donated, atleast the 50.00. Like I said , I have gotten hours and hours of enjoyment from this Program, I think It kicks Arse. All the Artists and programmers I have learned from, and a new hobbie that has become an addiction, and the great Blender Community, and not to mention the knowledge I am acquiring. It is certainly worth more than 50 dollars. Dont get me wrong I am dying to be able to get a hold of publisher, but creator is great too!!!

During campaign:

• Costs: minimum one time fee of EUR 50 (or USD 50)
  • Name mentioned at the www.blender3d.com site (if you like)
  • Access to a closed area on www.blender3d.com
  • Download of Blender documentation
  • Blender Creator V2.25
  • Blender Publisher 2.25 with ‘Key’ to unlock features such as stand-alone game creation. This download will be available when the 250th member subscribes.
  • Access to the new services portal in construction. Sneak previews!
  • Dependent at the duration of the campaign, a Blender 2.26 might be built.

Like I said the Donation was certainly worth it, to help out, so if i Misunderstood, its ok, I still feel good about donating!!

NDNChief, Confused Regular :-?

Joy , my Blenderpartition and the publisher felt a bit untouched for a couple of month .
I think it´s time to dust them off again :smiley:

Ren

I think you got it mixed up dude, if you already owned publisher license you get the league membership, not the other way around.[/quote]

I think this is what he was referring to (from the Blender3D site)…[/quote]

The “Can’t wait till August to come…” is the comment Ton made that in August all Publisher owners will be contacted. If he doesn’t own Publisher then what good will August do for him?

I think this is what he was referring to (from the Blender3D site)…[/quote]

The “Can’t wait till August to come…” is the comment Ton made that in August all Publisher owners will be contacted. If he doesn’t own Publisher then what good will August do for him?[/quote]

the schedule Curtis posted also applies to people who payed their 50$ membership.

Martin