To finish an unfinished 2D animation job

This is a music video primarily aimed at kids, though it’s not a kids’/children’s song.

We had a young student animator who started, then lost interest; it got to be too much work in the midst of his studies in university. No productivity for weeks, though we have to finish this project using these characters. He modeled everything in 3d at first, used that as his rigging. The two lines of the song he animated, and we were waiting for over a month and a half for the other two lines, to find out he hadn’t even started them yet. There are no backdrops/props. Each character is to be animated independently on a 1920x1080 transparent background to be able to be placed wherever we want them in After Effects. Full character / lip synced to the words on the song.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IEhNTSJpKSACJAtwSygrVuqnUfac5wba/view?usp=sharing

Note* Frame rate is 29.97 FPS so references in time are at this rate.

There are 4 pieces of character animation in this chorus.

IF WE TRY 1:18 Done (3 kids)

YOU AND I 1:20 NOT DONE (4 kids: Harper. Satoshi, Ami, Asmara)

TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE THIS WORLD OF OURS A BETTER PLACE 7:00 Done (7 kids)

WE’LL HEAL THE WORLD WITH KINDNESS AND GRACE 6:21 NOT DONE (7 kids)

Kids are:

Kyle - white Anglo Saxon kid.
Ami - East Indian Girl
Erika - black curly hair girl
Satoshi - supposed to be Japanese kid, but has glasses
Sun Jung - Oriental girl in pink top
Asmara - modern ‘Arabic’ girl
Harper - black kid with cap

There are 7 characters in all - we want to keep them, and no change to them. Same color, same dress, same tonal qualities, the same. Using our characters, we have an idea what they should be doing, in terms of limb movement, etc.

If interested in further discussion/quoting, we’ll give access to a folder to reference, character pngs, etc. Unfortunately, no separate parts that could be used to re-assemble other than the original individual pieces that were completed. We don’t have blender parts. (I’ve had to do minor fixes [mouth not centered properly, etc.] in After Effects but I’m not proficient enough to tackle the whole job).

We’ve already been burnt on this project, so talk to us only if you have an interest in carrying on where our last guy left off. The song is about ‘brotherly love’. Oddly, this experience didn’t have much left of that :wink: Payment to be negotiated.

I don’t know how this all works in this forum - of course anyone could use other software but Blender artists seem to be less ‘snobby’ and we have patience for a novice - as long as they can in fact complete the task :slight_smile: There’s no deadline as such - but this can’t go on for months, either. We’d obviously like to see your work before anything starts.

Keep safe.

RPM Guys

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.