To the owners of this site

I just saw that you have a French and a Dutch forum! Cant you make a Swedish? Please!

hehe

I 2:nd that :stuck_out_tongue:

and how about an American forum!? :wink:

hm… for the spanish talking people then? :stuck_out_tongue:

What about the German, Swiss and Austrian people here? :o)

Felix

Hey, what about Klingons? They deserve their forum too!!
C3PO would be a great moderator. So, Jabba the Hutt could speak with
Charly Brown’ teacher whenever he likes. Hey Chewbacca, why don’t ya
join us?

Hey, take off that serious face, don’t you see I’m joking?
Well I’m not. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fact #1: There are too many languages
Fact #2: We are all graphically inclined to some extent
Conclusion: We should communicate non-verbally, through visual images

Proposal: Create a new forum, where all discussion takes place using textless pictograms

(I’ll leave the developement of an image-based language as an excercise for the reader :wink: )

Ectizen!!! That’s not a bad idea at all!!..only communication through feelings and images, no words…kinda like the new contest thats started…

“feelings”? what are these? i have not been programmed with knowledge of these?
:wink:

Thats a very stupid idea!! How would it be to ask a complicated question??
Whats the problem to make forums to all langues above?

How the heck would you be able to write the stuff like “supercalifragilisticexpialidocius?”

Hey, how about a forum where everyone speaks in the Spoodle language?! Nah, I can’t grasp that language.

Don’t we have translators?

As opposed to, say, adopting Chinese (UTF-8/Unicode) or adapting ancient Egyptian heiroglyphs?

The only logical end of this discussion is lojban :stuck_out_tongue:

German, Swiss and Austrian people here? :o)

THERES GERMAN AND SWISS AND AUSTRIAN PEOPLE HERE! holy crap

p.s. what language do the swiss accualy speach? like the freanch speak french the english speak english the americans speak spanish (we all know lots but never were we taught those words) and the canadians speak ummmmm never mind about the canadians

p.s.s. my p.s. was longer then my main speak! lol

deks: Yes, for now it is a stupid idea. The world is not yet ready for this.
But remember that everyday, someone will post a message on a forum much like this one, and for the first time in their life, they will use something like “:)” to help convey their meaning - and from that moment on, for them, using pictures to communicate will seem less strange, more natural.
“:)” will change everything.

PhaethonH: Yes, we need a new image-based language. The problem with Chinese is that while the text is composed of images, those images are very stylised, having been designed to be painted with brushes. With the advance of technology, it should now be possible to create images using full-colour, high resolution bitmaps, reducing the need for stylisation, and making it easier to be understood by someone who has not previously encountered the language.

u’e

(sorry, that’s all I can confidently say the moment - I’m a novice, and my reference books are at home…)

I think I read too much…

Does anybody else here (besides me) speak Greek???

I am alone… Boohoo… I am alone…

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

the americans speak spanish (we all know lots but never were we taught those words)

I have no clue of what you’re trying to say! (Hmm… what smiley to use?) :smiley:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I speak English. Despite being closer to Mexico than Mr. Snowy Duck is.

Also, I saw this commercial on a stupid TV special involving lots of TV commercials from all over the world. Unless I’m mistaken, one was from Sweden, and they seemed to have been speaking “English”