Tokyo directors are making a Blender short film!

Hello everybody! We are a directors duo from Tokyo, with over two decades of professional experience in the animation industry. Our new short film is being made entirely in Blender. The short, currently in production is an animated comedy. It will have a run time of 4 minutes and will be a hybrid of 2D and 3D animation.

You can learn more about the project on our web page: http://forrest-schlage.com/shortfilm-blender/

If we could arouse your interest, feel free to write us here in this forum, drop us a mail:
[email protected] or use the contact form on the web page.

We are looking for voluntary artists of any kind, 2D and 3D. Whether you are a hobby artist or a professional, If you have much or little time, every helping hand is welcome. Join our team of creatives and lets push the boundaries of animation.

More about us:

We, Forrest / Schlage are an award winning director duo from Tokyo. We specialize in vibrant cartoony animation content, combining the lighting and fluidity of 3D animation with the design appeal of hand drawn. Two decades of experience in 2D and CG productions. We’ve done features and triple AAA games, TV shows, commercials. Furthermore the occasional guerilla project that we just couldn’t say no to. Living in North America, Europe and Asia, experiencing different approaches to film making and production styles gave us a unique perspective. Above all what we want is to push the technical and creative boundaries of animation together with a team of creatives that think alike.

We look forward to hearing from you! Happy blendering everybody!

3 Likes

The team has been growing and our website has been updated. We are still looking for some modelers (especially for character modelling!) also rigging and someone who has experience with eevee and toon shading in blender, since we are going for a cartoony shading that will resemble UPA Animation.

https://www.google.com/search?q=upa+animation&sca_esv=571184275&rlz=1C1CHBF_enJP904JP904&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwim1dPR1-CBAxUaCIgKHV10AvsQ_AUoAXoECAIQAw&biw=1536&bih=715&dpr=1.25

Happy blendering!

I moved your post to Volunteer Work

Hi dear, M very happy to find my dream for the chance of 2d 3d artist project using blender. I would be glad join your team as i have much time and blender modeling, texturing, rendering and animation knowledge. please let me know if you need any requirement form. thanks you.

Just wanted to share a quick status update - we’re very happy to announce that the team has been CRUSHING the asset builds and we’re now just about ready to move into asset finalling, shading and rigging. Here’s a little video showing you where we are.

Big shout out to our team members: Edgard, Jaime, Jan-Willem, Nick, Reiko, and Ruben

2 Likes

Good job, colleagues!

1 Like

Another little update, sharing the feedback on the kitchen set - please forgive me yes I did record this in Maya, just because I needed to get the notes out quickly and can’t really navigate in Blender as quick as I’d like - yet.

1 Like