Tom Holland Likeness

Hey, so I’ve been working on this for a while now and before moving on to texturing I really want to get the sculpt accurate because it’s basically the most important part in a likeness portrait. So yeah, it’s supposed to be Tom Holland and I’ve been looking at him for hours at a time so now I need some “fresh” eyes that can have a look. If there’s anything that pops out to you, please tell me!
(Also some areas like the eyes and ears aren’t really refined yet, they still need some detail, just like the neck) Asymmetry will be added later, too.

2 Likes

I just realized that transparent background are displayed white here lol, hope that’s not a problem

I’ve had only a little experience trying to do likeness sculpts, and so I know how difficult they can be!

Looking at pictures of Tom Holland, the only thing that really jumps out to me is from the front view his ears appear to be rotated outward more (although this could be a result of the focal length of the camera) as opposed to being pressed against his head:

Otherwise, great start from my pov! Asymmetry is a big key to realism also, especially around the eyes, and I suggest attaching some hair as well. Unless you are looking at pictures of him bald, you’re going to only be guessing at his exact head shape.

My last suggestion is when you break symmetry to give him more of an expression. This is just purely for appeal and interest, and maybe discard this advice if you were planning on rigging or animating.

1 Like

Man, Tom Holland is hot right now. I just heard about him from my friend.
You can do a little overlay and side by side.

You can see his eyes and mouth closer together

Jawline at the jaw muscle area need widened.

Ears are not close-set to the head like in your work. Hollands’s are more open, wing nut.

his Nose bulb is wider than you work’s nose quite a bit.

Nostril openings in holland are tilted down and forward. In your model they’re more tilting back and more open towards the front.

Also his neck muscle straps, the main muscle bundles on the side on the neck (don’t know the name). But his neck is wider and the muscle straps thicker.

The larynx is also wider, a little bit.

Holland’s frontal Cheekbones are have more tissue mass.

For more specific critique, please provide a full profile shot with the frontal shot.
It helps a lot for reading the facial topography