Tomato Jones II has been released on Steam!

Still a wip, but this is what I have in mind for the second level of TJ2

Looks simply beautiful with the water shader and the desaturated background objects! Also nice color scheme.

Made this for you

it’s supposed to be metal with rusted edges :smiley:

kinda came out as metallic stone…

Attachments

WallKit.blend (12.9 MB)

Wow, thank you! I’ll definitely make use of it.
Here is the 4th level, with new water puzzle in it

Looks good, but my advice is to add some color variations. I remember second level was also in similar green colors.

Thanks,
There will be 4 worlds in the game, each world will consist of 8-10 levels. That is the island world, that is why it is similar to second level.
I think to gradually present to the players the game controls, various traps and puzzles. Each level in the island world will present a new trap or puzzle. The whole world(levels) will be kind of a tutorial.

Sounds good. I like this world and its positive atmosphere in which player can relax and have a fun.

Would it be churlish to say I want to see the crates tip into the water rather than hanging over the edge in defiance of gravity? Bear in mind that I’m quibbling the physics of a sentient tomato who wears a hat here.

I really like the idea of a hat shop.

since you’ve been using it a bit now. What are your thoughts/opinions on 2.7 as compared to 2.4x. Id like to hear about your transition

2.7 is much more advanced in terms of 3d modelling, animating, texturing…everything, except maybe the game engine :slight_smile: . The transition was painless, most of my code worked with a few tweaks here and there. As I said before…main reason for me to use 2.7 was Steam issues with the older 2.49b and the martinsh water shaders :D:D .
BGE has improved a lot since 2.49 but it is just not merely enough to consider it as a big step up from 2.49. I hope 2.8 will bring the real deal.

I thought 2.8 was discontinuing the game engine? Did that decision change!? :smiley:

UPBGE PoweR! :smiley:

Don’t mean to derail, but according to this article here: https://code.blender.org/2016/11/blender-2-8-project-status/ , the BGE might be getting a revival in 2.8 (this bit is toward the bottom of the article).

Back on-topic, that’s some incredibly cool work haidme! Been following your progress for a while, and it’s awesome to see this get a continuation!

indeed, the level of polish is quite impressive. Good stuff!

Hey guys,
This will be the 7th level of TJII. What do you think?! Isn’t it too hard to beat right now. I think it is and probably I should make it a bit easier.

It looks appropriately difficult. I like the mine cart leading right to the spikes lol.

One thing I would recommend is locking the axes when the mine cart moves. it might help with falling on the tracks in weird ways (unless you wanted it to behave that way). Maybe there’s a way to lock axis only when it’s on the tracks - that way you can keep the fun crash when it falls off the rails at the end.

As I think, keep the game challenging but add more checkpoints.

One thing I would recommend is locking the axes when the mine cart moves. it might help with falling on the tracks in weird ways (unless you wanted it to behave that way).

Hah, actually I’m doing it with moving boxes, I never thought about mine carts. Not sure yet though. I really like the silly fallings. But I’ll try to control it with code. Thanks.

As I think, keep the game challenging but add more checkpoints.

Yeah, that would be a solution for most levels. I only hope, if you die too much times not to become too repetitive and boring.

I’m starting the next world(next 10 levels) This time it will be a desert and I can’t decide which blocks texture is better?

Open image for better quality.

The first one is more of a barren wasteland. The second one makes a nice desert, but it seems a little dull. Making it a bit more yellow and slightly orange might look good.