Tommy1441's Sketchbook

(tommy1441) #1

Hi Guys,

Well I built the courage to create my own Sketchbook, I’ll be posting a few things that I have done following tutorials of great artists like Andrew Price, Sardi Pax, Oliver Villar amongst other.

Hope you follow me in this journey and like what I do. Thanks in advance to all of you that take the time to follow me [thumbs up] to all of you.

EDIT: added image as thread’s thumbnail

(tommy1441) #2

My first ever render following “tutor4u” tutorial

Being a bit ambitious with materials here… I really like how it turned out.

Having a bit of fun modeling something well familiar.

(tommy1441) #3

A simple textured box, learning how to do so

My first serious scene setup, that grew from jus making the lamp into this whole scene

(tommy1441) #4

My take on Andrew Price’s tutorial on a realistic Earth

My first REAL project that has turned into this massive modeling/texturing monster for a newbie like me

(Astro1derboy) #5

That F-16 is looking sweeeeeeet!

(tommy1441) #6

Thanks Astro1derboy!! your work is impressive

IMO, the F-16’s Landing Gear is one of my favourite modeling experiences so far.

(tommy1441) #7

I’m so chuffed by how this test worked out…

PS. I hope I can soon have a new turntable video of the F-16 with some minor adjustments, like Nav lights and a few more moving parts and fully textured

(ax2themax) #8

A+, great job man. How long did it take you?

(tommy1441) #9

Thanks @ax2themax,

How long did it take you?

what?? the whole F-16 project or the landing gear??

As I mention on #1 of the F-16 WIP post, I took the project as a learning thing and seeing how much I had learned from the tuts that I had done, so there was a lot of going back and forth between my day job, doing tuts on particular issues I ran into and actual modeling and getting things right it took me a fair amount of time, but if I told you that it took me around a couple of weeks to gather all the reference images and a few more week in modeling and texturing and so forth I can say in whole it has taken me around 3 months give or take.

(tommy1441) #10

A couple of other Blender stuff, hope you guys like it!!

This next one I call it the Blue Marble :wink:

Drinks are on me!!! (thanks to Andrew’s beer tut)

(tommy1441) #11

Decided to remake the Earth this time in cycles as Andrew’s was done in BI. IMO it turned out brilliant

And this is a logo of one of my friend’s studio

(tommy1441) #12

A bit of fun with my F-16 WIP…If you like it as a wallpaper, feel free to use…my gift to the Blender Community! Enjoy

(squidmole) #13

Tommy Great model. one thing I notice is the canopy is a bit bulbus. It needs to taper back smooth

(tommy1441) #14

Thanks @squidmole, you are absolutely right, forgot to fix the canopy, got too excited with the whole texturing that I forgot about it…oops my bad :o

(tommy1441) #15

Here’s another little something for you guys to use as a wallpaper!!! Enjoy

(tommy1441) #16

Here’s another for you guys!
Things in the WIP are coming together nicely, although model is not finished

(tommy1441) #17

A bit of good old school 3D (Red/Cyan glasses required) :RocknRoll:

(Astro1derboy) #18

Very cool!

(tommy1441) #19

Thanks @Astro1derboy! Just a bit of old school fun

(tommy1441) #20