Topology Question [Actual a Question Now]

Right, sorry about the first version of this, had a stupid moment.

Now I actually need help.

Basically I have come to a sudden pause. (See Image)

See that vertices that is on it’s own? - Does that matter?
I can’t figure out how to make a square :confused:

Can anyone help?
Danny.

Someone please?

Well, I’m not an expert on topology, but does this matter? I guess it depends on what this is. That is a quad, so it’s not a big problem, but I’m not sure if it’s good topology. You could cut another loop into the rest of your model so that you have nice consistent flow, if you wanted to.

Can we see the rest of the model and where this is located? Is it a hard surface? or organic shape?

You can. Here are two views, it is only 2D at the moment.

and

http://i51.tinypic.com/4qr8yu.jpg

I don’t understand what you are asking. could you supply more information, please?
(edit) is this going to be a shadeless object in a game? because if so, correct topology is not so important.

In the top image you see a vertices that is not connected to anything.
All I want to know is, does that need to be connected or can it be left alone?

Well actually, I kind of need to make it link, but if I do I am left with a triangle.
I need it linked so that my topology links up correctly.

See image:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2vl4h2w.jpg

I don’t want it to do that, I want it to make a full circle.

This is what happens if i link the ‘unlinked’ vertices. I can’t find a way to make it square.

However, the topology still doesn’t make a circle. Maybe because of the triangle???

@Modron, no it’s not for a game. Just to model.

oh, do you mean it doesn’t make a face when you try to fill that area? that happens when the vertexes are too skewed. you can use triangles, or try to level it out.

See image /\

Delete the edge loop I circled in purple, and then select both verts I circled in yellow and use Alt-M to merge. To fix the matchup, just delete what doesn’t line up on that new outer geometry.
You will need to alt-m the other verts on the other side of that face to join them, essentially deleting a whole face.

Attachments

@Craig Thank You Very Much!