Total noob having probs with sculpties

Hi everyone.
I’m trying to follow this sculptie tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdCoT-91t_I
I’ve loaded Blender and the scripts by Domino Marama, but the sphere I get is not as detailed as the one in the vid, well at least the mesh of vertices? isn’t. It should be 32 by 32? (maybe 64 by 64) but the one I get is 8 by 8. Any Ideas please as I’m totally new to anything like this and stuck before I even start. Many thanks in advance for any help.

You need to adjust the settings for the uv-sphere before adding. Segments and rings: 32. Ought to be enough. See attached image.:slight_smile:

cheers

Chapel

Attachments

Thanks for your reply.
When I found the menu you showed, it is set as you say it should be, 32-32. I’m not sure I’m adding a sphere though? I’m adding a sculptie mesh. (I’m not sure what I’m talking about here)

When I add the mesh I get what might be a warning message in the command line text box, I can’t copy/paste it though.

I think I may have caused the problem by setting my defaults to something strange when I was playing with the prog. I’ve tried de and reinstalling, including deleting the .blend file which holds the setting, but nothing changes, my mesh is still 8 by 8.

I’m sorry. My fault. I should have followed the link to the tutorial you’re working with. When you add a sculpt mesh, you should see a settings-box, something like the one in the attached image.
Does the warning say anything about python? (You might not have the full python install, and thus the scripts might not work) - just a guess!

cheers

Chapel

Attachments

I think I’ve got it sorted now. I had ‘Subsurf’ sellected in the menu that appears when you add a mesh.
Still quite lost but at least I’ve been able to follow the tutorial.
Many thanks for your help, which pointed me in the right direction. Lots more to learn, so I might be back :slight_smile: