Toy car

I’ve been testing Blender 2.8’s Eevee and here is my test scene. Assets made in Blender, textures are done in Substance. Background from HDRIHaven.

For some reason didn’t get the transparency workin on the windshield, still have to fix that and add more assets and details to the sand. After that I will probably move assets to UE4.

42 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

This is great, I like your composition! :+1:

Is colour management enabled for Eevee? I feel sure that HDRI sky shouldn’t look like that.

Maybe you have applied a contrast curve?

The light is very nice…

wow… awesome…
how do you’ve created the sand? Particle or is it a texture? looks awesome

@bartv Wow! Thanks for the feature! I really appreciate it.

@orvb Thank you.

@organic Yes, there is color curve applied to the image. Do you think it is too much?

@Nunud Thank you

@Egan_T_Guenthers The sand is a texture created in Substance Designer.

Thank you everyone for kind words! I haven’t had time to work on this for now, but will continue it eventually.

1 Like

I redid some of the materials and textures for the toy car and other plastic toys.

Now all of the cars use the same texture maps (except for the number at the front) and I can change color simply by changing color in the shader. Same for the plastic bucket and shovel.

It seems that the material displacement doesn’t work in Eevee right? I couldn’t get it to work which is a shame since I’d need it with sand and rope materials.

Anyway, I’m nearly done with this scene, just need to add some gravel and a marker for the finish line. The purpose of this scene was to test the capabilities of Blender 2.80 and Eevee. Previously I’ve been 3ds Max user but I think I will move on to using Blender, I’m liking it a lot.