Toy Dinossaur - First post

Hi, I´m new here. I don’t even know if i’m posting in a right place.
My first post is a character that I’ve made for practicing. I hope you like. Thanks.
Cycles, Cryptomatte and a lot of passes all done in Blender 2.8 (as a new user in this forum I can´t post more than 1 image, so the making of have to wait)

You can see more images of this in my Instagram: @luvem_studio

71 Likes

I like it a lot! Good job :slight_smile:

Great texturing! Those stitches…:crazy_face::+1: made it all in blender or used zbrush/substance?

Nice work!detail is excellent,the stitching is outstanding.
love the blocks message,nice touch!

100% Blender. Thank you!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vert interesting first post. Congratulations. I like those stiches a lot. I’m really curious about the process especially for these ones. Would you like to tell us more please? Maybe with the making of you were talking about (when you’ll be able to post more) ?

You’re #featured! :+1:

Nice work! I am curious, how did you do the folds in the neck of the dinossaur?

I always get stuck when I try to make folds in fabric and I haven’t found a way to make it feel right.

The toy is well done, I’d love to hear more about the process.

Very nice texturing job there!

Thank you! To achieve the result I created a simple skeleton made of cylinders and spheres and covered with a cloth bag. So I animated the skeleton to the position I wanted and did the cloth simulation.

1 Like

Thank you! In my instagram there are more images of the process www.instagram.com/luvem_studio

Oof! When you read the blocks this artwork becomes very depresing :smiley:

Thanks I saw your Instagram and the images but didn’t found about the stiches :grin:. Is it a bump map or maybe a curve with array modifier? I’m really interested un that process :blush:. Thanks for your time :wink:

Ow, sorry. I selected the edges I wanted to have stitched, separate it and converted them to curve. So I created just one sewing wave, replicated it several times using the array modifier and then I´ve used the curve deformer modifier to follow the line extracted from edges. That´s it. I hope this help. This video shows exactly the same process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=389&v=pRbdi3wLYjQ

1 Like

Wow!! Thank you very much!!!

Perfect, thank you very much. That was exactly what I was searching for. Thanks for the link too. And congratulations for the top row :wink::+1:t2::+1:t2:

Toy Story here you come. This is nice!