Presenting a Christmas Themed Preview of the game!
Firstly… Several of the player systems are currently in the middle of a major overhaul. We realised a while back that this meant a playable demo wouldn’t be ready in time for christmas. So instead of trying to rush something playable out, we decided to create this preview build. Going through this demo you can take a look at some of the work we’ve been doing over the last few months, and what you can expect to see in the final game.
The game requires Blender 2.36. Other versions are known to break several things in the build.
The standalone version contains additional music tracks to supplement the demo scenes. For compatability reasons the .blend version has no sound.
It may seem strange that the version with music is actually smaller than the version without, but that’s a testament to how powerful 7-Zip is. When unpacked the standalone version is actually over 35 MB larger than the .blend version! (77.2 MB compared to 41.5 MB)
Extract all files in the archive into a folder. Run Transcendent.blend or Transcendent.exe
Features of the Demo:
- Preview 4 different levels, each at various stages of development.
- Watch 2 animation sequences made specifically for this christmas demo.
- Watch a working AI demo in which opposing sides battle it out.
- Preview various weapons which will be available to the player.
- Configure options which can be saved to a file and reloaded again the next time the game is run.
- Navigate a complete working menu system.
Due to it’s complexity and the fact sector & distance based culling aren’t yet implemented into Level 2, this level is particularly demanding to run. Therefore older machines may encounter some slowdown whilst watching these sequences.
The .blend version has been set up for monitors which run a 4:3 aspect ratio, (1024x768, 800x600, etc.) as these are the most commonly used. If you run a different ratio you may need to adjust the viewport window to fit the camera’s view.