Transform Properties

When I try to create an object it does several things.

When I open the transform properties the LocX, Y and Z are in their thousands and it does this automatically when I create an object and I have to change it by manually typing 0 in all of the fields. Is there a way to make it so it does this automatically when I make a shape.

Another problem I have with the shapes is that DimX, Y and Z has gone to 0 which means that when I try to scale an object and make it bigger, nothing happens because the shape is set to 0 and therefore has no measurements. If I try to manually increase the Dimentions by selecting the box and increasing them it just goes straight back to 0 again.

The first problem was annoying but copable
The second problem is preventing me from carrying on with my scene.
Solutions to either of these problems would be much appreciated
skulna

Well for the first part of your problem hit Shift-C then C and then add … Blender uses the cursor to locate where it adds objects in a scene . Shift-C will center the cursor to the global 0,0,0 coordinates, C will center your view to the cursor … You might also want to Ctrl-U to save this as the user default when opening Blender as well

The second part though … By “If I try to manually increase the Dimentions by selecting the box and increasing them it just goes straight back to 0 again.” do you mean in the Transform Properties window or in the 3D view ? If you manually add a positive value in either the scale or Dim (bounding box size) fields you should get an object …

I have never encountered this before so you might have to post a blend …