Translate some output messages... (Win10)

Hello,

I’m doing a 2.79c build right now and it’s building fine at the moment. However, occasionally, I’m getting output like this that I do not understand. What do these mean and should I be worried and are these gonna be a problem later on? Thank you.

C:\Users\source\blender\extern\gflags\src\util.h(255,7): warning C4189: ‘tmppath_len’: local variable is initialized bu
t not referenced (compiling source file C:\Users\source\blender\extern\gflags\src\gflags_completions.cc) [c:\Users\sour
ce\2.79c\extern\gflags\extern_gflags.vcxproj]
C:\Users\source\blender\extern\gflags\src\util.h(255,7): warning C4189: ‘tmppath_len’: local variable is initialized bu
t not referenced (compiling source file C:\Users\source\blender\extern\gflags\src\gflags.cc) [c:\Users\source\2.79c\ext
ern\gflags\extern_gflags.vcxproj]
t not referenced (compiling source file C:\Users\source\blender\extern\gflags\src\gflags_reporting.cc) [c:\Users\source
\2.79c\extern\gflags\extern_gflags.vcxproj]

These don’t stop the build, they seem to just be warnings and it continues compiling, I just want to know what these mean. Thanks.

If it builds fine (you have all the dll and the bender.exe etc) you are good. Compiler warnings should not be an issue for you.

Thanks. Good to know for some peace of mind :slight_smile: