Translator wanted! / Übersetzer gesucht!

I am looking for a translator (German–>English), who likes to translate one of my tutorials for free.

More Info…

Thanks in advance.
FastEddy

I’ll give it a shot… you have anything particular that you’d like to start with?

You should really rethink your copyright.

“All rights stay with me, the translator is mentioned”. And:
“You may distribute this file but not modify it”.

Well, it’s your choice, but I think not a very wise one. It’s OK to try and create exclusive content, but
-> how big is the chance that you will update your files with every new blender version?
-> how big is the chance that your file will be translated every time you’ve changed something?

So it will become sooner or later just one more of these more or less useless, outdated tutorials which we have zillions of already.

I would propose that you change the licence (without giving up the copyright) either to GFDL or the license on mediawiki (Open Content).

I’ll give it a shot… you have anything particular that you’d like to start with?

@methinks: I want to start with this tanktracks tutorial on my homepage in the blender section.

You should really rethink your copyright.

@soylent_gr: thanks for advice. I think I’ll work it over and change the license. But it will take a few days. :slight_smile:

This is great, because (i’ve not really read it but skiped over) I think your tutorial is really good. If you - on the other hand - would like to translate one of my tutorials to german, your’re absolutely welcome.

I believe the better license is GNU-FDL, but that’s up to you. The licenses are both free.

This is great, because (i’ve not really read it but skiped over) I think your tutorial is really good. If you - on the other hand - would like to translate one of my tutorials to german, your’re absolutely welcome.

oh, thanks for the flowers! :wink:
Sure I’d like to translate one of your tutorials.
btw: because I am searching for some links in my tutorials section, perhaps you would like to give me your permission to link your tuts here?
and perhaps you’ll like to send me this one you want to get translated.

I believe the better license is GNU-FDL, but that’s up to you. The licenses are both free.

I’ll have to read the two licenses. But if you think the GNU-FDL is the better one, I think I’ll follow your advice.

I’ll see what time I have this week, no guarantees, but I would like to help out if I posibly can.

[edit] Sorry, It might take a bit of time to find out the proper naming of some of the parts… [/edit]