Travel Romance - Oldie on Tour

Hello Guys,

I’m currently going to college and studying design, one of my modules is CGI. I’ve been using Blender to create 3D stuff for the better part of the last 5 years. Mostly i just tried my hands in modelling to generate graphics/scenes as references for drawings. I also took a liking to more complex shaders lately (which are absent here :smile: )

Anyway, here’s the finished piece, it was one of my tasks this semester, altough we are free to do what we want for one of our submsissions.

Thumbnail

I’m still unsure about the format, however when printed the wide format really is looking great. On screen, it could be trimmed more i think.

I’ve been working on it about two weeks (after classes etc.), the final image is by far the largest i’ve ever rendered so far. It measures 13300x4983 pixel or 100x35cm.
I was heavily inspired to do this work by Arseny Lavrukhin’s Work “Revenge” and also wanted to try my hand at motion blur and smoke simulation. The Porsche Model is by Simon Kubicki

Booth the fire and tire-smoke are simulated in a seperate scene and then added in post-processing in Photoshop. Besides that, i used Quixel for texturing the suitcases and some Blender Cloud assets from “Spring”. Namely a few trees and tree-cards. It was a great time saviour in my limited schedule this semester to just use these.

If people are interested i can post a detailed write down, or show some detail shots - the image is quite large after all.

I consider this piece finished, altough i’m still open for ideas and changes :smile:
Hope you like it!

39 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, cool! That has definitely made my weekend :smiley: !
I wish you a great one too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I’d love to see it as a header on BlenderNation too, by the way. Details are here.

Would be a pleasure, i’ll upload it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve submitted it. (At least i think so^^)
Here’s some viewport and raw render images too, since i wasn’t able to include these in the first post. :slight_smile:

Raw Rendering:

Viewport:

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

Hi, Christoph!

Good work, I really like it! I like the composition and the dynamic. And your environment looks very natural. Even the car shader is Okay. FX are good too. But I think the car’s lights - blinkers and stops look plain. The other stuff is just amazing.

Thank you for your mentioned about my “Revenge Making of” article here. I’m glad you find it useful!

1 Like

Really nice of you to comment on this Arseny!
I had the overall composition and dynamic in mind from the beginning and when I was working on it. Glad you like it as well.

I agree with you on the lights, I was experimenting with emission as well, but that just made it look worse. Currently they are illuminated just by the sunlight, maybe I can try to get more complexity with a small lamp near them.

Thanks again for inspiring me to try myself on this! :slight_smile:

1 Like