Trex- my first dinosaur up

Update.
uvmapped (texture painted in gimp). Waiting for rigging.
Hope you like it.

OLD…
Hi everybody,
I did my first Trex
I haven’t uv mapped it already but I hope I will be able to do it soon.
C&C please

Bye

Attachments

Hey, nice work! :smiley:

Well modeled.

Can’t wait for the UV mapped version :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you going to animate? Please?

I would like to animate, but I’m a noob so I have to learn. I hope I will do it.

It looks vry good, but I think than like this he’s going to fall. The gravity center is too far before the legs.

Its good, but the scaling seems a bit out to me. The body looks too small.

CPM comment i double, he’s tipping front side. make the tail longer. and the eyes are too large. t-rex had rather small eyes for his big head.

little up. I remodeled it a little bit.

Attachments

I added a lot of detail. It is very funny to push and pull the vertices around. I have been using several 3D software and I think that only with blender and lightwave is so funny.
Anyway, what do you think? I mean, what do you think about the model?
cheers

Piro

Attachments

yafray render.

Attachments

I just started to learn how to uv mapping and texturize.
It’s very hard to me, expecially to paint the map with gimp or photoshop. Anyway it is funny.
C&C please…

Attachments

I am truly impressed! If that’s what you call “not very good” then I can’t wait to see when you actually get good! Keep up the great work!

Your work is amazing!!!
BRAVO!!!

thats pretty damn good, can you increase the texture defenition, it would look even better

Piro . . . for a weeks worth of work, that’s a lot of improvement! If you keep up the progress & decide to animate that beast, I look forward to watching.

Here is my new upgrade. I had a lot of work with the uvmapping and with painting textures…it was my first attemp.
This is the result. What do you think?

P.S.
Blender internal renderer

Attachments

awsome! Couldn’t make it better! would like to see it in a scene :wink:

I have something in mind…I hope to have some time to get it.
thanks

Front and wire

Attachments

Love it. I don’t know why you haven’t got more replies to this, in my opinion it’s near-env quality ! A few crits, but nothing major :

Bump-mapping looks great, but it doesn’t look very scaly. I’m sure a big animal like this would mostly have scales so small it would look like skin, but some suggestion of scales would really help IMHO. Maybe a very small noise-size procedural voroni crackle bumpmap would do the trick.

It looks a little chunky. In particular I think the neck is too short and the legs are a bit too thick in the last view.

The way the forelimbs join to the body looks a bit strange to me - somehow, it doesn’t suggest that it has any bones.

It isn’t eating a lawyer. Wherever possible, dinosaurs should eat lawyers. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: