Tricky SVG import makes remesh not working nicely

Hi, I’m kind of new to blender, and I’m using version 3.1.2. I’m trying to import this svg file, and basically, just make a 3D metallic animation of the text, but I can’t even get that far because the mesh is so broken. I’ve tried simplifying the file in AI before importing it over, I’ve tried remesh so many times my brain hurts, but nothing seems to be working. I don’t know if maybe the object is just too complex with too many vertices, but I feel like this should be simple but it’s NOT. Whenever I extrude or use a solidify modification, it is just broken and streaky. The same goes for the remesh, no matter how small I make the voxels, it’s still not right, and blender ends up crashing. I hope the video helps if im not explaining too well–– can anyone help me/ thanks in advance! please click the link, siince im a new user it wouldnt let me upload a video file. https://youtu.be/C7G-Wenq09k

Welcome :tada:,
to be honest there is not much to see. You are scaling and rotating the imported SVG and convert it to mesh but don’t show the text ENERGY in its full size… Energy
Why not just change to top view and frame selected Numpad . to first show the details of the import?

SVG graphics can have some weird twists which are okay in SVG but not as a mesh (and blender also does not support every aspect of SVG as i seems). For example overlapping curves which does additive and subtractive areas changes which doesn’t work in the same way as in blender… Maybe just spend a little time in this forum and/or do the tutorial mentioned by the message system discobot and then be to able to upload the SVG so we can see and tell ?

(Changed title for propper attention.)

1 Like