Trimflow 1.1.2

This would be great for 3D printing purposes. Good to know you’re already thinking along those lines. :+1:

Looked into it and it seems to work nicely. Editing is a bit slow with high multires levels but that was to be expected. I just need to figure out a good way to integrate it properly and to automize the necessary steps, so this will still take a little while. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Is it hard to add your own trim sheet to your add on?

Not harder than using any other external texture file in Blender. See this page for requirements.

Thank you! your link help a lot.

Trimflow is currently on sale on Blender Market!

1 Like

Update 1.1.2 released!

New experimental features:*

• Transfer Data in the Edit Trim Decals panel:
  • Turn Trim Decal into Vertex Weights
  • Turn Trim Decal into Sculpt Mask

Fixed:

• Creating decals: error if the used material doesn’t have a Trim Image node
  • Editing decals: using Apply Trim Decal removes the whole decal object when there is actually one other decal left in the stack
  • Baking decals: error if the bake target has shape keys
  • Baking decals: error if the bake target has an Armature modifier
  • Baking decals: error if the bake target is disabled for rendering
  • Baking decals: error if Blender’s interface language is not set to English
  • Resources: inconsistent background color in the TF_Stitches trim sheet

Tweaks and QoL changes:

• Editing decals: Hint when using Auto Tiling without Trim Image node in material
  • Baking decals: Baking time displayed with two decimal places

*About the experimental features. It’s a new subpanel that becomes visible once ‘Show Experimental’ has been enabled in the add-on settings. The operators there transfer (or ‘bake’) the selected trim decal into the target object:

Transferred into vertex weights, example use case with a displacement modifier:

Trim as sculpt mask:

Personally I’m not quite sure about these features because the target mesh needs lots of native verts for the operations to produce usable results (although I still have a possible workaround in mind to transfer the sculpt mask onto objects with Multires).
So, I’d be happy to hear a few more opinions on that. :slight_smile:

As for the non-destructive displacement shown a few posts above, that’s probably going into the 2.0 release because including it would be much easier once some other changes that I’m planning are done.

4 Likes

We just released a new add-on that helps a lot with trim texture creation. Until the 14th of April, it can be obtained for free for everyone that bought Trimflow. Don’t miss it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Could you guys enable Paypal on your Gumroad? That way I can use my bank instead of needing a credit card. Thanks!

We disabled it because Paypal payments via Gumroad are not much fun for accounting. Paypal can be used on Blender Market though.

1 Like

Nice feature, great for ceiling stucco works! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Have you tried those features? If yes I’d be happy to hear your thoughts and maybe a little bit more about your workflow. :slight_smile: